PDA

View Full Version : To all the Canadians on Reef Central!!

intoodeep
12/08/2005, 07:29 PM
Hey ladies and gentlemen, i was just wondering if anybody knows where I can get nice livestock with a good selection of sps and lps. The lucky guys down south have so many options for beautiful corals and other livestock and we get the garabage it seems. I am from Winnipeg, Manitoba, the shops here are expensive and don't get too many nice corals very often.
If anybody knows any good shops anywhere in Canada i'd love to hear about them. Online shopping capability would be a plus.

Drop the name and e-mail address here if you know of some good places. CITES, while great for protection in most cases, is a restrictive element when trying to get nice corals to Canada. Can't ship them across the border which sucks a lot.

Merry Christmas to all and Happy Holidays to everyone!!!!!

intoodeep
12/08/2005, 08:18 PM
Come on people, i know you are out there.:D

TereKers
12/08/2005, 09:32 PM
J&L aquatics obviously and OceanAquatics is another....both are online stores that ship pretty decently in Canada.

jb_46
12/08/2005, 09:45 PM
Yup, J&L and ocean aquatics are the 2 that came to my mind!

scuglass
12/08/2005, 10:04 PM
check out canreef.com.... there is a manitoba reefing club forum im sure someone ther could guide u to somewher e in ur area

intoodeep
12/08/2005, 10:05 PM
Thanks people! That is what i mean, a huge country and only two places to get decent stuff. I tjhink reefraft is OK too when they actually have stuff. I'm not sure if they ship or not. Our neighbors to the south have Dr. Mac's, Liveaquaria, Reefermadness, Aquacon, and many more. They have a choice and variety to boot. I wish we were so lucky. If i had a few hundred thousand in the bank i would ope a shop/farm dedicated to beautiful coral propagation and distribution at a reasonable price.

leandrij
12/08/2005, 10:22 PM
There's guy in Montreal called Steve, I think. The place is called Le Corail.
I went there once last year and he had all kinds of coral. Tanks and tanks full! I was amazed.
And he just loved talking about it.
I'm new at this though, haven't started my tank yet. So there might be some better places I haven't heard of.

bradhinz
12/09/2005, 09:38 AM
I have dealt with J+L frequently. Absolutely excellent service and products. Shipping is very reasonable as well.

simion3
12/09/2005, 11:16 AM
I always order from J&L and they always send awesome corals and they're cheaper than my LFS.

Bandsaw
12/10/2005, 07:45 AM
Anyone have the web address for J&L aquatics?

Also check out http://www.reefescape.ca/

They have links to most of the major Canadian suppliers.

simion3
12/10/2005, 10:05 AM
www.jlaquatics.com (http://www.jlaquatics.com/)