View Full Version : In wall placement question

MarlinDreams
12/07/2005, 03:15 PM
I have kept several tanks over the years and am about to start to tackle an in wall 6 foot tank. We had our house just done with a tank room, utility sink and ventalation for an in wall tank. However just as I am getting started to order the tank I began to wonder, If I will not be able to get at the front glass from the viewing side of the tank how will I be able to see where I am target feeding, arranging rock or eradicating pests. The reason I ask is because when you look from the top, the water shimmering and hand movement in the water makes it impossible to see clearly. And even with a clear back, you can not see the front part of the tank. Please help as I am just dying to get started. Thanks.

bertoni
12/09/2005, 01:12 AM
Hmm, good points. I've never had an in-wall tank. You might want to try in the Reef Discussion forum for this one.

Qwiv
12/09/2005, 01:16 AM
Actually, I would post this question in the large tank forum. Most of those guys have in walls. I don't target feed my animals, so i am of no help.

Clayman
12/09/2005, 01:18 AM
Some sort of a hiden access would be handy. I could not imagine not being able to see what I am doing. I would just get a tank big enough to scuba dive in and problem sloved. LOL