PDA

View Full Version : Skunk up for grabs

tsquad
12/05/2005, 08:53 PM
Hey. I was at the LFS today for my birthday, and they had some really really nice Percs, and I decided they were nicer than my Skunk. So I bought a pair of the Percs. Now to get rid of the Skunk. I was going to try to keep them together, but the Percs took right to the Skunk's Anthelia "Anemone" so a battle is bound to ensue. Right now the Skunk is in my overflow chamber. I can bring her to the meeting on Sunday. She's about 1.5" long, and growing fast. I'll sell her for $10 or a trade for something. Shoot me an offer.

Thanks
Tyler

tsquad
12/05/2005, 08:54 PM
Oh yeah, it's a Pink Skunk (Amphiprion perideraion).

fishieness
12/05/2005, 08:57 PM
awww thats sad!!! you like otherones better so you are jsut going to get rid of her?
id love a pair, but am afraid of pairing my moroon that the one i have now will just dominate and a fight will break out.

tsquad
12/05/2005, 09:00 PM
:lol:

They look nicer, and girls like "Nemo" better. :D
I'm going to put the Skunk back in tomorrow, to see if she wants a duel. I'm predicting the worst. She's very easy to catch though, so if there is a fight, she's still for sale.

amulet_red
12/05/2005, 09:45 PM
Same thing happened to me. I bought a female skunk to pair up with a male I already had in my tank and the clown wars started. The percs attacked it for about two weeks before I was able to catch it. I have a FOWLR that I placed it into. Now I'm working on getting the other skunk out so that they can keep each other company.

Also, you're right about the females liking the percs better. My 3 year old daughter loves nemo.

fishieness
12/05/2005, 09:56 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6226634#post6226634 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by tsquad
:lol:

They look nicer, and girls like "Nemo" better. :D
I'm going to put the Skunk back in tomorrow, to see if she wants a duel. I'm predicting the worst. She's very easy to catch though, so if there is a fight, she's still for sale.
ehh, i already got a girlfriend...... and she has no idea what anything in my tanks are. she wouldnt know the difference.

cougaran
12/06/2005, 02:58 AM
My daughter loves nemo too. We went to the LFs the other day and I had told her soon we would get nemo. So I thought I'm going to be on the hook for a percula. But, I really like the look of the maroon clowns, but she called them nemo too..So We both can get what we want!

tsquad
12/09/2005, 11:47 PM
Well, the Skunk decided to be evil. Once she found her anthelia, she became devil fish. She grabs the female perc by the tail, and shakes her and wrestles her to the sand. Pretty vicious..she's in my overflow chamber right now. Any one want her?

cougaran
12/10/2005, 12:27 AM
I'll take her for free, i hadn't planned on a skunk for my tank.

tsquad
12/10/2005, 12:30 AM
Do you have any frags? Of anything? Even xenia I like, not hard to please :)

cougaran
12/10/2005, 12:32 AM
just starting out sorry, not a coral not a fish to my name..Tell ya what if anyone want to buy em then fine, if you want to give him away free i'll be at the meeting..Sorry. I really don't have a need for a skunk..

tsquad
12/10/2005, 12:34 AM
Ok...well if you want her, you can have her. Is anyone in particular looking for a skunk?

cougaran
12/10/2005, 12:38 AM
I'm sure down the road, I can hook you up with something. Just not right now..But the offer still stands if you find someone to buy em I won't have any hard feelings...

amulet_red
12/10/2005, 12:40 AM
I've got 2 skunks and they both kinda tagged along with other stuff I picked up from folks. Doesn't seem like anyone is going out of their way for them.

One question though...do you know if 2 females can survive with 1 male? Or will they kill the odd man out?

tsquad
12/10/2005, 12:42 AM
No no it's fine. Do you want her? I would rather her go to someone who was planning on one though. If you want her, I'll bring her.

tsquad
12/10/2005, 12:43 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6255696#post6255696 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by amulet_red
I've got 2 skunks and they both kinda tagged along with other stuff I picked up from folks. Doesn't seem like anyone is going out of their way for them.

One question though...do you know if 2 females can survive with 1 male? Or will they kill the odd man out?

The two females will most likely become male/female, then kill the odd man out.

cougaran
12/10/2005, 12:45 AM
yes, i'll take em. When I get rolling in 6-7months i might end up posting to get rid of her like you did..LOL But she'll have a good home.

tsquad
12/10/2005, 12:48 AM
Ok. I'll see you there :)

Mind you, she's a very peaceful fish, until she encounters other clownfish species. Her and her male (RIP...she was male at the time) paired up very quickly and were sharing the anthelia. If you got her another skunk, a smaller one, you'd have a nice pair on your hands.

cougaran
12/10/2005, 12:53 AM
I'll keep that in mind..thanks