PDA

View Full Version : Trading on the 30th?

dmorel
03/18/2002, 09:12 PM
Hey gang,
anyone doing any trading on the 30th?

I am looking for some frags of interesting sps.
I would also be interested in buying/trading for a larger piece of sps, acro/digitata/birds nest as I only have small frags now since I am just getting started with the "hard stuff"

Last but not least I am in need of a hang on skimmer for a 120 fish only.

I have plenty of shrooms and polyps including some real nice purple shrooms, aglae if anyone needs it (stuff from reeferMac) two different frog spawns I could frag or trade for above mentioned sps. One giant metallic mushroom that has lodged itself on the back of my tank(if someone wanted it I could work at getting it) and a fair amount of "dry goods"

I have a few 10K 175w. ushio bulbs that are in various stage of used. I have 4 and I think mac wants two of them, if anyone needs one for a refugium or something, these are perfect for that. I wouldn't put em over reef though.

I have a pair of URI actinic white VHO's 46.5" (or whatever the hell "space saver length is, just shy of 48") both used less then 6 months.
Two full 48" URI VHO actinics, about months use (one is likely taken by StashuDave)

A SunSeeker Quad/harness/endcaps
Some 55w. PC bulbs
a junky SHO PC fixture
and a few NO bulbs
Inquire about things I wasn't specific about, they are in storage and I didn't look to write the post :)
I have a (crappy) digital camera, so I can take pics of anything if you want to see.
Hmm, I think that's it for me.

-dm

Playfair
03/19/2002, 08:49 AM
...a larger piece of sps ...as I only have small frags now ...
Dude, growing out is the name of the game! The main appeal of SPS is looking at a whole colony that you started from a 1" frag!

With all we put into this hobby, :eek1: practicing patience is one of the side benefits we get out of it :lol:

OK, now that I just fell off the wholly pedistal, let me just add, "you should have told me you wanted BIG pieces!" ;)

dmorel
03/19/2002, 09:56 AM
Ah, what I want is a little bit of both...
I am already digging watching the frags change.
It's amazing how much goes on. That little frag of digitata that I got from you which had a bit of a dead spot, the dead spot is better, and the color is wild, when the mh's go out, it looks like it is covered in bright red polka dots! I love it.
The slimer and staghorn also doing great.
Fairing well with the cap's from todd too (after I stopped trying to mount it to close to where the clown and anemone live, she would knock that thing down before the glue dried!).
The ricordia I got from Todd is not doing well, I am trying to just leave it alone in a low flow spot on the sand and hope it recovers (this is where the patience thing is hardest.)

I did loose those awesome zooanthids you gave me (f@#!ing urchin stuck em on his head and lost em...) Other then that all is very well.

I really am only looking for one or two larger pieces, as I am definitely in it for the long term growth, but would still like to look at something spectacular now. A little best of both worlds is key.

Oh, I will definitely try some more of those zooanthids if you have a few to spare, The brown ones I got from you during the meet at your place are thriving and beautiful, I was sad when the orange ones got "misplaced".

-dm

kmagyar
03/19/2002, 12:56 PM
Dave, Those zooanthids that Jame gave me got lost. If you get a chance see what you can do about making or breaking me a small rock with some on it.

Others, I will have sps to frag. I used to give it away in hopes of getting frags from others in the future. Instead, I will sell frags for 10.00 each from now on. Thats a great price considering you cant buy them for that at any LFS. I agree with others in the group that say it keeps eveyone even as far as who owes who what. Of course, trades are always accepted.

What I need...
I need a bangaii to match up with my existing specimen (i dont know what sex). I got it from Guy. I know someone said they would have one for me at the next meeting. Anyone...anyone...?

Purple tip cap. I heard its out there. Would like to try a very small frag under my 400s.

cperson
03/19/2002, 06:47 PM
Here's what I can bring. If anyone definitely wants any of it, let me know in the next couple days so I can make cuttings and mount them.

Red sea xenia - two 3" stalks

Elongata xenia - i can cut a couple branches from my tree

Metallic green star polyps

Richordia yuma - 2 good sized caps

Pink rasta leather - i can cut a couple branches from my tree

dmorel
03/19/2002, 07:34 PM
Craig,
Definately interested in your ricordia.

Got any pics?
I got a beautiful frag from Todd a few weeks ago, so far it is NOT happy, I think it got hammered the first night in the tank (bad placement) but might be bouncing back now, time will tell...

On another note, I owe you from the last meet at playfairs, you hooked me up with some metallic star polyps and maybe something else, (I have some rasta leather, could that have come from you back then?)

Anyway, anything on my list I can bring for you in payment for last time and/or some of that ricordia?
I think you might have mentioned you wanted some shrooms, the purple shrooms I have are pretty nice if you're still looking.

take a look at:

this picture (http://www.morelweb.com/URS/purple_shrooms.jpg)

if you're interested in them. Pardon the lousy shot, I just took it with my crappy digital and all the lights are still on so that's not a great shot, but you get the point...

Stoli
03/20/2002, 09:19 PM
Playfair, Todd or any other frag experts out there. In my last trip to Buffalo (which now apparently will live in infamy) I picked up a really nice blue tipped staghorn acro. I think some of the Buffalo folks are familiar with it. Anyway, I'd like to try to frag it but I'm not sure how to do the cutting. I wouldn't mind a second set of hands to break off a couple of pieces. That set of hands will be rewarded with one of the frags. :D (I figure I'm so annoying I have to pay for the company :) )

KBCobra
03/21/2002, 10:32 AM
If anyone is willing im looking to start trying out some SPS corals but dont want to spend lots of money until I know I can keep them (Pets Plus has some large colonies for the mid 100's that are really nice). If anyone would be willing to donate a few small un mounted frags it would be appreciated.

Here is the setup -

6mo old tank with 250lbs LR
PH - 8.3
Ammonia - 0
Nitrite - 0
Nitrate - 10ppm
Salinity - 1.022 - 1.023 (depending on top-off)
Phosphate - .1
ALK - 2.8
Calc - 475-500 (dosing bionic to maintian)

Lights - 2 175w Coralife 10K's + 2 55w 50/50 PC's (12.5-13hr photoperiod daily)

Inhabitants -
Med Red Sea Sailfin Tang
Med Gold Stripe Maroon Clown
Mandarin Goby
Small-Med Coral Beauty
2 Cleaner Shrimp
2 Pepp Shrimp

I think all of the above is probably in line for starting out with a few sps frags. Let me know I will probably stop by Keiths .

Thanks,
Pat Davis

ReeferMac
03/21/2002, 12:10 PM
Pat,

I've got a couple of good starter SPS I can frag for you, but I won't be back in the area until first week in April. If you don't manage to scrounge anything up by then, keep me in mind. I travel to Buffalo fairly frequently on the weekends too, so we could hook up down there if you like.

Stoli - Easy as pie, just snap a branch off... that's all there is to it. Superglue works for mounting, as does the Epoxy you can buy... but it's all a big PIA. If nobody else offers, I'll swing out to your place when I get home (gotta see this tank of yours anyways ;-), and can show you a few tricks then.

- Mac

kmagyar
03/21/2002, 12:44 PM
Mac, Why dont you come by when you get back in April. Maybe we could see Randys tank too. Maybe gary will be able to come too.

ReeferMac
03/21/2002, 01:58 PM
That's an Idea Keith... I'll take him for a Rumble in the Cougar some Saturday (if he can get away from the kids for a few hours :-)

- Mac

cperson
03/21/2002, 11:54 PM
dmorel --> goto URS website, page down to the bottom section where some folks have a picture below their name, click on my name, then find "trade_richordia_yuma" toward the bottom of the listing and click on it. I have one available now that's about 2X that big.

Yes, I did give you the rasta leather at Dave P's. Has it grown? That stuff grows like mad for me, I need to trim it again.

I would like some of the purple mushrooms if you can spare them. I got one from Charles O. a month or so ago that's really nice, but I could use more. I'm looking for stuff that's blue, purple, yellow, or orange. I've got plenty of green, pink, brown, and red in my tank.

You and I can trade stuff almost anytime. Maybe we should do it a different day than the Buffalo road trip. I'm around this weekend. Let me know. Hey, I've not seen your tank yet, 'sept for the fotos.

dmorel
03/22/2002, 09:24 AM
Craig,
I would definately be interested in that piece if I have something you would want to trade for.
You also have a rock with bunches of zoanthids on it.
I wouldn't want the whole rock, but if you have 10 or so polyps you could pull off I am looking to get a few areas of the tank covered with em.

I have TONS of shrooms, including a fair number of those purple which are pretty classy. (If I do say so myself, which I seem to be doing, so there you go...)

If you're interested, I have some free time Sunday afternoon, you would be welcome to come by, if there is anything you would like from the tank you can go home with new stuff :)

that rasta is strange, It did really well for a while, then lost all it's color. It's never stopped growing, and it still opens everyday but it is really white as opposed to the nice sort of pink it was when I got it from you.
Other then it *looks* and *acts* very healthy.
It might be a reaction to the MH's I added, but that's been a month or so now, so I am not sure...

send me a PM/E-mail if you want to come by on Sunday and I will give you my number and the simple directions.

-dm

_ShotgunShrimp_
03/25/2002, 12:54 AM
if anyone has a digita frag id be interested (nuthin SPECIAL PLEASE) just want to try and test the new settings in the tank for survival.... anyone?

Stoli
03/26/2002, 06:53 PM
If anyone's interested, here's what I've got to trade.
One blue tip staghorn acro frag
Green Star Polyps (several)
Finger leather frag

Also, I was wondering if anyone is interested in trading a cup or two of live sand. I finally got rid of the cyano and I'd like to increase the diversity of my bed.

Let me know what frags, if any, anyone wants.

kmagyar
03/26/2002, 10:06 PM
hehe, If you got acro, Im in. Im sure Ill have something for you in trade. I got some sand I can give you out of my refugium too.