PDA

View Full Version : Random Questions...

TracyAnn
11/30/2005, 11:07 PM
Okay my husband and I are completely new to the SW tank scene... so here are a few off the walls...

1) We have a yellow headed jawfish... would he be compatable with a sand sifting goby?

2) My Chromis' (we have 3) no longer school... and they're crazy! They go insane anytime they think they're going to eat that they often scare off my little Nemo! My other true percula is starting to act like the Chromis around feeding time!
Is it possible that I'm not feeding them enough? We're feeding them Feeder Feast Daily Diet... 1 cube a day. Do they need more? We have 6 fish in all. 2 True Perula's... 3 Green Chromis'... and 1 Jawfish.

Okay I think that's all the crazyness I have!!

TIA

Tracy
:rollface:

Wickednix
11/30/2005, 11:27 PM
I have 2 false 1 purple tang a cleaner and my YW goby and they all swarm the corner of the tank and I feed them a cube and 1/2 a day and they still act like your fish do.

Bebo77
11/30/2005, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by TracyAnn
Okay my husband and I are completely new to the SW tank scene... so here are a few off the walls...

1) We have a yellow headed jawfish... would he be compatable with a sand sifting goby?

2) My Chromis' (we have 3) no longer school... and they're crazy! They go insane anytime they think they're going to eat that they often scare off my little Nemo! My other true percula is starting to act like the Chromis around feeding time!
Is it possible that I'm not feeding them enough? We're feeding them Feeder Feast Daily Diet... 1 cube a day. Do they need more? We have 6 fish in all. 2 True Perula's... 3 Green Chromis'... and 1 Jawfish.

Okay I think that's all the crazyness I have!!

TIA

Tracy
:rollface:

[welcome]
Tracy

ReefStu
12/01/2005, 12:22 AM
Chromis don't usually school after they get comfortable. Remember in the wild schooling is a defense mechanism. If you ever get an aggressive fish in there they will school again, but it will probably be a pest to the other fish.
You can expect your fish to be trained like dogs when it comes to feeding time. My clown eats out of my fingers and will actually break the water surface to eat. I am trying to train him to jump through hoops like Shamu. Then I can charge addmission to my living room, just don't sit in the splash zone :)
Watch your feeding levels, you could quickly throw off your param's if you increase feeding too much. Maybe add a second food type like Formula 2 or Cyclopes-eeze. You can add dry food slower than frozen and variety is always good. Always feed slow enough that most/all the food ends up in the fish and none falls to the bottom or goes into your filter.
Is your tank FOWLR? (Fish only with live rock) Or FO? (fish only)

TracyAnn
12/01/2005, 12:57 AM
Thanks for all the advise... I think we're going to try to add in a small feeding of a different variety.

I did not know at all the Chromis' stopped schooling... makes sense though when you mention it!

Our tank is in the beg. stages of a reef tank. We have 50lbs of live rock, 6 fishies, and 3 corals (Frog Spawn, Flower pot, and Daisy Coral).
My true percula is actually taking to the flower pot. She (Reba) swims all through the stalks and feeds it while she's getting food too... but for some reason our other true (Nemo) isn't taking to it. Probably because she bullies him a little... but not really since she started taking to the flower pot. We bought them as two seperate true's and are trying to pair them up... wish us luck.

Again, thanks for the help!!!

Tracy

garod82
12/01/2005, 09:22 PM
Your Husband killed a innocent fish today!!! Lol!

TracyAnn
12/02/2005, 01:22 AM
You jerk, it was the phosphates!!!! I had nothing to do with it!!

The husband.

garod82
12/02/2005, 03:42 AM
Maybe if you would have got your water tested first that beautiful innocent Ocellaris would still be thriving into a full and happy life. hehehe

TracyAnn
12/02/2005, 08:17 PM
Well maybe if you thought my jokes were funny I'd care what you said?!
hahahahhaha:D