PDA

View Full Version : I joined, now what?

Covey
11/30/2005, 10:05 PM
It was nice to meet you folks at the pizza party. I am wondering what activities I have to look forward to? What events are planned?

cabenn
12/01/2005, 11:03 AM
Welcome aboard! Well typically we have speakers come in 2 - 3 times a year and we have done Zoo/Aquarium trips in the past. By far my favorites have been meeting Anthony Calfo, Omaha Zoo Trip, Meeting Mitch Carl who works at the Omaha Zoo and the frag auctions we have 1-2 times a year.

They've also gone to the Shedd Aquarium but I couldn't go to that. Evidently that was pretty cool.

The aquarium trips usually include a behind the scenes tour where you can see things the general public is not allowed.

Plus, we all make fun of Bullet every meeting :)

Atticus
12/01/2005, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by Covey
It was nice to meet you folks at the pizza party. I am wondering what activities I have to look forward to? What events are planned?

You can look forward to your check being cashed immeadiatly and possibly a Thank You. :D

Seriously though, Corey hit the nail on the head. We are also looking to do more local events in the future.

eng55
12/01/2005, 06:03 PM
I have a question. How much does it cost to actually join the GIRS? Are there yearly dues or anything like that. I would like to come to a pizza party sometime but right now I dont really have the time, with finals and everything coming up. Hopefully I will have some more time after the holidays.

waverz
12/01/2005, 11:05 PM
Man im so stoked about going behind the scenes at the zoo....thats gotta be cool as hell.

Pygmey
12/02/2005, 12:16 AM
Sorry guys I am in San Diego and cannot check this site much..
THe cost is 20 dollars per year. THis helps pay for the speakers and other events.

So far we have Paletta, and Scott Michael. Also in May we will be going behind the scenes at the Omaha Zoo Aquarium section.

Check out www.greateriowareefsociety.com for an app and more info.

Eric

waverz
12/02/2005, 06:51 PM
San Diego??? How's the weather there? I think it would be a good place to be right now...im freezing.

:D

Pygmey
12/02/2005, 08:56 PM
65 all week.. It gets down to 55 and a guy just walked by with his winter coat on :)

waverz
12/02/2005, 09:00 PM
Bwaahahaha, man thats rough, must suck to be you.

;-)

got2lb
12/03/2005, 01:01 AM
Yeah, just wait until he gets home! :D Their will only be about 8 inches of snow waiting for you! :D

waverz
12/03/2005, 02:51 PM
I just wouldnt come back till atleast spring......