PDA

View Full Version : i'ma be a murder

supernareg
11/30/2005, 05:56 AM
of aiptasia ;)

okay i found 2 things growing... they both look different, but i think they're both the same. 1 of them is about the size of a zoanthid... and has like 6 tentacles on the rim (looks like a clear zooanthid) the other 1 has a stalk and is also clear but is in shape more like a tubeworm witout the fan... just tentacles.

now my question is...

i have syringes... with super sharp points.. what can i inject into them besides JJ or kalk? can i inject pure lemon juice (fresh squeezed) or what? obviously into the base...

Konadog
11/30/2005, 12:47 PM
I would take the needles off of the syringe, it will come out of the syringe better this way. Mix kalk up really thick, and squirt it on the Aiptasia slowly. It will come out like thin tooth paste. If you do this so that it falls on the Aiptasia like food, the Aiptasia will grab it like food and melt away. If you let the Aiptasia close up before it grabs the kalk, you have the chance of only burning away part of the pest, only to come back with a vengeance.

rtwodtwo99
11/30/2005, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by supernareg
of aiptasia ;)

i have syringes... with super sharp points.. can i inject pure lemon juice (fresh squeezed) or what? obviously into the base...

That's what I do t okill mine. It works really well for me. They tend to comeback again though.
It is easier to inject the lemon juice if you let them grow a bit.
Good luck!!:D

chalowolf
11/30/2005, 05:01 PM
Try peperment shrimp . They work.

firerock
11/30/2005, 07:47 PM
Kalk + injector == Instant death to aiptasia

cwegescheide
11/30/2005, 07:53 PM
I actually made the kalk paste and just covered the aptaisia totally (i pulled the rock out of the tank) i let the rock sit there a few minutes before i put it back and all of the sudden i noticed like a POP of water sortof that sortof came out of the paste of kalk. i think it was the aptaisia imploding!!! LOL.. i actually had a few of them on different parts of 1 rock. So far i have seen no more of them sprouting up. It looks to me that the paste sortof entombed them. The paste is still visible on the rock where i applied it but is starting to grow over with coralline..

supernareg
11/30/2005, 08:14 PM
so freshly squeezed lemon juice wont hurt the tank?

MVrico
12/03/2005, 11:16 AM
try "Joe's Juice" from marine depot. works great

oosurfin
12/03/2005, 06:34 PM
i got a jj aplicator and since i didnt like the idea of using jj in a nano at the time i just use boiling ro/di water. took care of the ones i could see real quick. just jammed that sucker in the middle of them and blasted the crap out of them with the boiling water. they were gone for a while till the ones i couldnt get to started to reproduce. ive actually caught one with a turkey baster as well while it was walking.