PDA

View Full Version : St. Patty's Mini-Meet at ReeferMac's

DanGlock23
03/17/2002, 03:43 PM
Thanks for a great first meet for me and SeaStallion. Watching the bugs come out of his refugium and feast on the clam shells was awesome.

Watching ReeferMac fish nori out of 18 year old scotch is equally as inspiring. Thans again for the invite. Can't wait to meet up with Todd, Zmann, Andy, and the rest at future meets. Thanks for the great get-together! I'm a little bit closer now to setting up the ultimate environment when I start my own salt water tank.
At least now I have a friend with bugs!

Dan

ToddsReef
03/17/2002, 04:11 PM
Kevin...my fish and corals are blowing kisses at me and it's your fault! Man they love that mix...Thanks again.

DanGlock and ReefStallion...very nice meeting both of you, great to see people putting so much thought into setting up reefs. One thing that you can be sure of, if you stick with this group we will give you at least ten different opinions on each topic. I think the most important thing to remember when you are starting is that there are MANY ways to do it well. Have fun and we'll talk to you soon.

Saltwaterfishlover....did you swipe that robot from Kevin's place? I think it would look pretty cool in your tank. :)

Todd

ReeferMac
03/17/2002, 05:24 PM
LOL!!! That Robot was my brother-in-laws (boy does that sound like a weird thing to call a 6 - year - old!)

Glad you alll had a lot of fun, glad you all got a chance to see what a chore it is to make fish food... Now you all know why Ron gets $45 a bag! - And Tood, you overpaid me.... I owe you another bag (and don't give me any of that $hit).

Glad everyone had fun! Sorry the frags didn't get around until later, but I was literally upn to my elbows in fish meal!

- Mac

ToddsReef
03/17/2002, 05:28 PM
Nah...I calculated carefully...done deal. If you want to drop that ricordea off this week I can sell it. Other activities have also resumed...for the short term :)
Todd

ReeferMac
03/17/2002, 05:39 PM
Well, now you tell me!

Everything was out in the garage!
Ricordea's good to go, just lemme know and I'll bring it by - can prolly even meet you after work in the evening... just prior to shipping out if need be.
I'll give up two of them at most, and keep just one.

- Mac

ToddsReef
03/17/2002, 05:44 PM
I'll be in touch. Do you have a pic?
Todd

saltwaterfishlover
03/17/2002, 05:50 PM
now that I have seen the food I would like to purchase 2 bags once you get back from germany if you can spare them. I dont have any money now but by then I should.

it was a good day. got yelled at my my girlfriend for not paying attention to time. thought was only going to be there a short time ended up 4hrs. thanks for the frags, critters and brillo pad.
once i get more stuff and established your welcome to frags from me...

taking toys from adults is one thing but not from kids.... but next time i might consider that robot.......

ReeferMac
03/17/2002, 05:51 PM
No, I don't, best bet would be to check Keith's links...

- Mac

ToddsReef
03/17/2002, 05:54 PM
Will do. I just sent mail to one of the people that I turned down d/t being out. I'll call ya when I hear. When are you going to Germany?

ReeferMac
03/18/2002, 05:45 AM
Leaving Early Friday Morning, so you'd have to get it thursday or sooner.

- Mac

ReeferMac
03/18/2002, 07:45 AM
SWFishlover - I'll be back in the begining of April. You'll start seeing posts' on the board no doubt, and we can get together again then.
The cost came out to about $15/bag (god, I can still smell that crap on me today! And I figured I pickled it out of me), and since you brought me scotch I won't mark it up at all :D for having to be the only one who stuck their arm in that bucket!

- Mac