PDA

View Full Version : Got baby Amphiprion akindynos from Sanjay and put them in two different systems

zooqi
11/29/2005, 02:30 AM
I got around 175 new hatched baby clownfish from Sanjay and I just finished putting them in two different systems. Usually the batch is bigger but parents started to eat half of the eggs four days ago. Just few did not hatch. Parents eating babies can be because eggs were bad and they removed them so they don't effect others. Now since they are in the system more than half don't look good but tomorrow I will be able to tell. I took some pictures and will share tomorrow. The thing is that when I took the pictures all of them looked swiming and not sure if food should've been given right away or two hours drive with no food was not good. I made sure I have enought water in the cooler and is sitting in a flat bottom. Will update you guys. :)
Thanks to Sanjay
FishesRdelicous : give me a call tomorrow after you get back from the school and let me know if you still have the one there.

EMBRYOGUY
11/30/2005, 07:29 PM
keep us updated of there development :)

good luck !

zooqi
12/01/2005, 02:23 AM
Here is my update on the 170 that was devided to different systems. I know that Sanjay has at least 12 of them survive from two full batches which we guessed is between 500-700 babies a batch.

I went downstairs two hours later and most of them were dead in both systems and all that came to my mind is when Sanjay said it happened to him with the first batch and I was so scared that I will get up with nothing.

I woke up and went and checked them and there were about total 7 in one system and nothing in the other system.

A day latter I had one left and today is gone.

I conclusion I decided to stay with Percula, False and maybe two strip which might be the same as these.

Sanjay and I think that they might get tired in the collection container so I'm building another one for him to try and we will see. We are working on them and will get it sooner or later but for now 12 a batch is a good rate. We will keep trying different things and they are not as easy as other clownfish. Babies are really small comparing to False and Perc but in three weeks period they grew twice bigger than three weeks old false or perc.