PDA

View Full Version : Coralife Aqualight help?

drillsar
11/26/2005, 10:36 PM
Anyone have this light? One side lights up other dont, Also Im thinking it could be ballast it seems with this light everytime you blow a bulb ballasts blows to. How do you change the ballasts?

snorkelmark
11/27/2005, 01:35 AM
I doubt it's the ballast - I think same ballast runs both lights. I had similar problem with a Jebo. It may be the tiny wires that connect into the plastic straight pin female connector or the wiring into ballast - those wires are teeny tiny and can get easily damaged.

drillsar
11/27/2005, 02:09 AM
one side works other side dont there is two ballasts in it. Oh well I guess Ill upgrade light.

Paintbug
11/27/2005, 11:30 AM
theres 2 ballast because one drives the whites and one drives the actinics, hince 2 switchs. i had a problem with my moonlights on mine once. it seems there was some moisture that caused a bad connection in one of the wires. when i took them apart cleaned them and put it all back together they worked fine. could be the same thing with yours.

what size do you have by the way?

Chaotic Reefer4u
11/27/2005, 11:38 AM
wow, sorry i crossed this thread, i have a 48, incher across my 100 gallon. hope this does not happen to me in time!

Paintbug
11/27/2005, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by ChAoTiCrEeFeR4U
wow, sorry i crossed this thread, i have a 48, incher across my 100 gallon. hope this does not happen to me in time!
if you dont aready have them get a set of legs for the lights. once i put them on i havent had any problems. when mine went out i have the lights right on the top of the tank.

drillsar
11/27/2005, 09:11 PM
Wll my light has one set of bulbs on it 130 watts. Single strip its called.. I cleaned the ends.. It only happens when Lights burn out it may be a defect of this light.