PDA

View Full Version : Very Healthy BTA Free to good home

Stoli
03/16/2002, 06:14 PM
Think the subject says it all. Bought a bta about 4 months ago and it grew like crazy then split. It's been about 3 weeks since the split and both look very healthy. It's about three inches across when open and loves eating shrimp, haddock, and other fish food. Love bright light and good water movement. Likes long walks on the beach with long legged blondes, eating strawberries with champagne by a roaring fire (oh, wait a minute, that's Miss February). Anyway, it's pretty well rooted in a rock so whoever wants it needs to help me get it out. Experience with this is preferred.

ReeferMac
03/16/2002, 06:19 PM
Good luck Stoli, I've nearly ripped a few of mine trying to get them off the rock. I've honestly had the most success with arranging expendable pieces of LR around them, and then ****ing them off so much that they move. If you get lucky it moves onto one of the expendable pieces. If not, repeat.

BTW, you stopping by Sunday? I got a nice 12-year old today in Buffalo... and no, it's a Single-Malt Guys, get your minds out of the gutters.. :eek2:

- Mac

Stoli
03/16/2002, 07:58 PM
How did you know I was a Scotch lover?????:eek1:

Unfortunately, I can't get there this Sunday, but I'll have a Dalwhinnie neat and think of you. Hmmm, mabye some Talisker? Oh well, guess I'll have a bit of both. Hope your fish grind goes well.

P.S. Sounds like you're making Gefilte fish. :p

ReeferMac
03/16/2002, 08:08 PM
LOL.. I decided on Highland Park.. was going to Spring for the 18 year but then I thought better... after the first couple it won't matter what it taste's like :-)
Speaking of which, next time you're down there making a fish run. Stop on Deleware and Sheridan and hit Premier Specialty stores.. Wine's, booze, beer's, food's, and all manner of fancy stuff beyond your wildest dreams. The one place actually where you can spend more money than the SW Fish Store.

- Mac

KBCobra
03/18/2002, 09:57 AM
I would be very interested in the BTA,I can provide some rubble rock to try and get it to move to as well. Let me know.

Thanks,

-Pat

Stoli
03/18/2002, 05:46 PM
KB: I've never tried to move one before. Then again, I've never had one do so well. Usually they just float away (right into the pump intakes.)

As I said, its free to a good home with eviction assistance. If you want to take a shot at it, and your in Rochester, let me know and we can spend the afternoon fishing.

Stoli.

mirski57
03/19/2002, 11:27 AM
Hi there,
I'm in Gates-Chili area and would love to add a BTA to my reef. Have you considered trading a rock for a rock ? How big is this rock that the BTA is in ? and is it buried under your other rock ?
I have Fiji and Gulf View in my 90 gallon.

KBCobra
03/19/2002, 05:59 PM
Stoli I looked into it a bit and it seems that if you put a powerhead on it blowing in the direction you want it to go it will move as it doesnt like a ton of current in one direction. Let me know when you want to try it and I can bring over some rock (what size is the BTA) IE what size rock pieces should I bring.

-Pat

Stoli
03/20/2002, 09:15 PM
Mirski: Following protocol, I guess Cobra gets first dibs. Also, I'm not interested in trading rock at this time. The piece it's in is one of my favorites. KC, I should be available this weekend if you're in the area. If not, I can wait. It just seems to keep growing. Fully expanded, it's about four to five inches across with a wide center disk. It's sitting right next to its sister so removing it without heavily distressing the other BTA should be an adventure. E-mail or PM me for my telephone number and we can arrange a get together. If it's too inconvenient, let me know and I'll set something up with Mirski.

mirski57
03/21/2002, 03:27 PM
Hope I didn't step on anyone's toes...I have no problem waiting my turn...Just want to make sure I got my name on the list.