PDA

View Full Version : Good fish stores near Mission Viejo

Fmellish
11/26/2005, 04:52 PM
I'm in Mission Viejo, orange county.

I will be setting up a tank soon. Where is the closest "good" lfs to me?
I will need to buy an RO/DI system, lights, etc.

I need a lfs that has everything. It would be nice if I didn't have to drive into Irvine or more North than Lake Forest.

Thanks

guppyy
11/26/2005, 05:53 PM
the one by the library sandbar is good.

WarDaddy
11/26/2005, 07:04 PM
Man you want to buy nothing, or very little at LFS. All the best values will be foud online. The LFS will be 20-40% more, with the only advantage of getting the item now.

Check out E-Bay for RO/DI. Mike and I both got a unit from their, and it works great. Let me know if you do order one, I want to get a float valve from them, you can add it to yor order and I will pay you back. I think it was called Filter Direct.

Lights, you need to figure out what kind of lights that you want, Metal Halide, or T5. Bothe are good, MH if probablly easier, but may cause your tank to run warmer than the T5.

Plumbing, oh you will need ot get stuff there too...

Call me I am home the rest of the night.

birdman204
11/27/2005, 10:11 AM
Sandbar is very limited when it comes to SW fish, Their display has struggled for years on end now.
You will probably need to drive as far north as Costa Mesa or more to get the good stores.
I suggest www.marinedepot.com for your supplies and such, they are in Anaheim, and you can save on shipping by picking up.
-Ryan-

simon.007
11/27/2005, 12:05 PM
Try Coral Oasis in Irvine.

drake66
11/27/2005, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by birdman204
Sandbar is very limited when it comes to SW fish, Their display has struggled for years on end now.
You will probably need to drive as far north as Costa Mesa or more to get the good stores.
I suggest www.marinedepot.com for your supplies and such, they are in Anaheim, and you can save on shipping by picking up.
-Ryan-

If your order is more than $150 you get free shipping, and it gets to your door practically next day if you order before 5pm! sure beats driving :rollface: Imo the only good thing about lfs are the fish and coral (some places).

Fmellish
11/27/2005, 06:39 PM
Thanks for the feedback guys. WarDaddy, I didn't catch your post here until after I ordered my RO/DI system. I didn't get it on Ebay though, I went somewhere else. Can't remember where though :)