PDA

View Full Version : blonde naso tang

briscott
11/26/2005, 01:31 PM
i recently purchaced a blonde naso tang. I have had him about a week and a half i cant get him to eat he picks a little but will not eat the frozen foods (brine, life line green,mysis) I also have a yellow tang that has been in the tank for about 2 months. He does tend to be teritorial does anyone know what i should do.

Fishfreak218
11/26/2005, 01:44 PM
he will outgrow your 75g. tank....try nori

fancyfish
11/26/2005, 01:45 PM
feed cyclopse ease I know the spelling is wrong then begin introducing your foods with this. make sure you have nori as well. he hopefully will eat. once he does he will be a major pig. Mine took about a week or so to be comfortable.

Jeremy Blaze
11/26/2005, 01:47 PM
First off, I hope this is not in your 75 gallon. Nasos, need a much larger tank, 125 minimun, and that is pushing it IMO. A lot of people have problems with nasos feeding. Most report they typically eat brown algae in nature. You want to offer then foods they normally eat, and in the way they eat.

Tangs are naturally grazers, not plankivores, so they are used to eating foods, from the substrate.

Try some nori tied to a rock or on a feeding clip.

AS to what to do about the yellow being territiorial, again, it is because of the 75 gallon tank. Yellow are one of the most aggresive, and will defend their turf against any food competetors.

Not much you can do, other than remove one or give them much more room.

JENnKerry
11/26/2005, 06:43 PM
It usually takes tangs some time to settle in. It took my powder blue almost two weeks before he started eating nori. Patience.

Chrismo
12/20/2005, 12:42 AM
I got one 2 weeks ago, and he seems happy, and loves flakes, mysis, and cyclopeze, but wont eat Nori or Brown Algae.
Same with my hippo tang, (he eats a little bit of nori). They prefer the flake.

Is that weird?

johnnstacy
12/20/2005, 02:10 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6321618#post6321618 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Chrismo
I got one 2 weeks ago, and he seems happy, and loves flakes, mysis, and cyclopeze, but wont eat Nori or Brown Algae.
Same with my hippo tang, (he eats a little bit of nori). They prefer the flake.

Is that weird?

I think fish, even of the same species can have different tastes. My hippo also likes a little nori but primarily eats meaty foods. My naso tang died last night. He was thin when I bought him and he did eat well for awhile but he never bulked up. He mainly fed on nori and brown algae but would also eat a little cyclopeeze. Really bummed about it. It is the first fish I have ever lost.

derrikd
12/20/2005, 02:32 PM
i have a blond as well he did not eat for a couple of weeks and was very shy. now he eats anything and is the first one in line to get food, here he is..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v236/derrik/DSCF0162.jpg