PDA

View Full Version : Tank Leaked

Jackie Renuart
11/25/2005, 11:49 PM
After noticing this morning that my tank had started leaking, I drained the water and moved my LR to a 30 gal tote, put the sand in a different bucket, and moved my fish and coral to my QT. Now I need to know when I put everything back into the new tank will I get a cycle. I don't want to stress my fish anymore then I have to, so I don't want to move them from QT until I know the tank is ok. I appreciate any insight you guys may have.

Thanks,
Jackie

Gwoardnog
11/25/2005, 11:57 PM
How much sand? If you're talking more than 1"-2", I'd probably just replace the sandbed with new sand and seed it with some of your old sand. As long as you limit the amount of air time wil the LR you shouldn't see a thing for a cycle (using the same water of course). You'll just need to re-acclimate the fish and coral to the tank water again as they're coming from the QT tank, and well I wouldn't put water that's been in my QT tank back to my main unless the tank was perfectly clean before hand.

But definately re-acclimate the fish and coral as the water(s) probably have a few differences in specs at the moment.

Have you checked that your tank and stand are perfectly level (otherwise you may get this again)?

-John

zedx6
11/25/2005, 11:59 PM
When I started my nano I used live rock and water from another system, never had a cycle, I think you will be all set if you just removed things from your tank and are just transfering into a new tank.

Jackie Renuart
11/26/2005, 12:08 AM
Thanks John.

The sand bed is only 2" deep so from what you said I should be able to keep it. The LR is only out of the water for a few seconds. I did notice when I put the new tank on the stand one corner rocks back and forth so I will correct that problem before I fill it back up tomorrow, after the carpet dries. I will make sure to take my time moving my fish and corals back.

Thanks,
Jackie

Gwoardnog
11/26/2005, 12:11 AM
You've got heaters and circulation going in all thos buckets/totes right? Just want to make sure.

Jackie Renuart
11/26/2005, 12:16 AM
Heater and PH in 30 gal. nothing in sand bucket. I had planned on putting everything right back until I found the wet carpet.