PDA

View Full Version : Euro Reef Skimmer

fishtk75
11/25/2005, 02:12 PM
Who has one?
How loud is your pump?

TippyToeX
11/25/2005, 03:45 PM
I have one, and the Sedra (internal pump) is not loud at all. :)

fishtk75
11/26/2005, 07:51 AM
TippyToeX

When you said that how loud is it?
Is it loud as a air pump mine is.
Trying to picture it.

brettb614
11/26/2005, 08:26 AM
i am new to hobby. am very overwhelmed trying to pick skimmer and lighting for 55 gal future reef tank. Any suggestions?Brett

Avi
11/26/2005, 10:07 AM
One thing you should do is get the best skimmer you can afford. One of the first issues to deal with is what configuration your tank will have....Will there be a sump to put the skimmer into or do you want a hangon, or, will it be plumbed outside the tank with a sump. What are you planning?

TippyToeX
11/26/2005, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by fishtk75
TippyToeX

When you said that how loud is it?
Is it loud as a air pump mine is.
Trying to picture it.

Hmm.. it's difficult to liken it to anything. I can hear the air being pulled and water from the riser. Still it's nothing noticeable when I walk by the sump. Will you skimmer be in an area where you don't want excess noise? I don't think you will have any issues if so. :)

brettb614- Don't skimp on the skimmer purchase. Will it be an in sump kind? If so have a look at Euroreef and ASM. If it's a hang on back kind do look at AquaC Remora.

fishtk75
11/28/2005, 06:16 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by TippyToeX
[B]Hmm.. it's difficult to liken it to anything. I can hear the air being pulled and water from the riser. Still it's nothing noticeable when I walk by the sump. Will you skimmer be in an area where you don't want excess noise? I don't think you will have any issues if so. :)

Well from our just hearing the air and water from riser I wish mine was like that the pump is louder then the air and water from riser so I can not hear that.
Luckly it is downstairs and or I can not hear the tv with out turning it louder then the pump.