PDA

View Full Version : no more brown algae

juan jose
11/25/2005, 12:28 PM
Hi, for several months I had brown algae that I had to clean from the glass. I started doing water changes every 15 days. Now it takes a whole amount of time to have brown stuff in my glass. Is this a good sign or is it good to have some brown stuff in the glass soon after cleaning the glass.

PoukieBear
11/25/2005, 01:27 PM
This is a good sign! The lack of algea shows that there is a lack of nutrients that they feed on. Good water quality is the key.

juan jose
11/25/2005, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by PoukieBear
This is a good sign! The lack of algea shows that there is a lack of nutrients that they feed on. Good water quality is the key.

Nice break, finally something that happened in my tank which I donĀ“t have to put some extra money. Thanks

welshnumber8
11/25/2005, 03:55 PM
I too have brown algae. CLeaning glass daily, did you do anything else other than water changes

juan jose
11/25/2005, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by welshnumber8
I too have brown algae. CLeaning glass daily, did you do anything else other than water changes

No not really, opened the curtains to make use of the sunlight that in winter hits part of the tank and from time to time I have added a reef booster that I bought in the lfs.