PDA

View Full Version : lotta drama in my tank, any suggestions ?

jsn150
11/24/2005, 10:59 PM
just added a Potters Angel to my 150 (man is he beautiful) along with a royal gramma and 3 black and white cardinals. problem is the blue jaw trigger is having a problem w/the new addition and over the last 24 hours has had a few encounters w/him, nothing too serious yet but he does not like the angel around his LR and the angel unfortunately appears as if out of 200lbs of LR he wants the triggers spot. there are plenty of nooks and caves and such but the angel upon entering the tank wants the triggers spot and has yet to move. just noticed 3 white blotches on the triggers side and mouth, does not look like ich looks almost as if he scraped himself, not sure. any suggestions as to how i can get the angel to move ??? dont want either fish to stress out

Randall_James
11/24/2005, 11:14 PM
Pecking order time.... They will probably settle out just fine.

You can try rearraging the rock piles for now and that will upset them both a bit and maybe they will forget about the turf battle for a bit.

jsn150
11/24/2005, 11:27 PM
being as how the scape took over 5 hours to do and it is about perfect the way it is what about doing the mirror thing taped to the side of the tank ???

szwab
11/25/2005, 03:28 AM
just give it time soon they will all find their stomping ground :)

Randall_James
11/25/2005, 09:32 AM
I have seen that mirror thing done before, unless some pro can vouch for it, I would not do it. It looks to really stress the fish.

jsn150
11/25/2005, 11:25 AM
which is exactly what i dont want, i'll move some LR ... thanks

welshnumber8
11/25/2005, 12:00 PM
I think if you give it time will be ok. Have heard the mirror trick works mind.

kau_cinta_ku
11/25/2005, 12:07 PM
IMO i wouldn't use the mirror method. as when they look into it and see their reflection, they will think there is another simular fish and get stressed out. i would also try moving a few rocks around and then later on putting them back the way you had it.

fancyfish
11/25/2005, 08:24 PM
shut your lights in the tank and give it some time. Turn them on in a couple of hours and all will be well