6 powerheads
canister filter
2 10gal tanks for refigium
2 hang on the back filter
1 protien skimmer (air driven)
should i upgrade these

Avi
11/24/2005, 03:26 PM
Well, Halo...you're pretty good with the lighting, but what is the Kelvin rating of the bulbs that you list? Depending on the K rating, you might want to add some actinic bulbs for blue supplementation.

You say that you have two 10-gallon tanks for refugiums but you don't mention how you intend to circulate the tank water to them. Are you going to use hang-on overflows? Is the tank drilled? That's something you need to address. The pump or pumps you'll need will depend on how you decide to do that.

If you want to set the tank up as a reef, then you'll need live rock I would get at least 75 pounds...preferably 90 or 100 pounds. If you get at least 75 pounds, I'd dispense with the hang on the back filters.

The list includes an air-driven protein skimmer....I would recommend that you get yourself a good quality protein skimmer instead....it's important and you won't be sorry.

You'll need some other items like a heater....200 or 250 watts should be enough...consider getting titanium. And you should also have some power heads, depending on what you're going ot keep in your reef. I recommend at least 20 times per hour turnover in total gph for waterflow.