PDA

View Full Version : can i keep xenia?

popal
11/24/2005, 02:05 PM
hi all, hope u can help

can u tell me if i can keep a pulsing xenia under a 4 bulb t5 light each lamp is 30w and are marine white... also what other types of softies could i keep?

thx 4 the help:)

milhouse74
11/24/2005, 02:24 PM
Shrooms would be ok under that the Xenia should be too, however both would thrive much better under more light.

How big is the tank, that is a key to answering this.

tsquad
11/24/2005, 02:34 PM
Being that they're T5 bulbs, I'm sure you can keep xenia. Any other softie too I'd imagine.

milhouse74
11/24/2005, 02:37 PM
Well, they don't appear to be T5 HO they appear to be T5 being 30 watts. T5 HO would be 54 Watts. So I wouldn't be too sure until I knew tank size and total wattage.

popal
11/24/2005, 02:49 PM
my tank is 3ft 3in 40gal the height of my tank is... 16inches, heres the description of what im getting delivered...

Your are bidding on a new 4xT5 halide lighting. The lighting comes with the hanging set, and as a special gift we will give you the stands free of charge as well. U can adjust the brackets to the length of your tank, so that they always fit perfect. There are 4 neon tubes, each 30 Watts built in the lighting which are of course included. The lighting comes with a English plug, and is suitable for the British power supply. The cover was made of high quality aluminum which also is coated to be insensitive against Oxidation and getting scratched. The lamps have 10.000 Kelvin, and are suitable for freshwater and marine tanks. This lighting gives your aquarium a evenly, soft light over the whole length. The lamp is 100 cm long, 20 cm wide, and only 6 cm high. It Looks very elegant, shines very bright, and does not use up much energy. The built in reflectors are optimized for this lamp, and rise the power of the luminance about 50%.

please let me no what u think:)

thx

Ti
11/24/2005, 03:01 PM
xenia dont need much light, they will be fine.

xian
11/24/2005, 09:29 PM
It doesn't need excessive amounts but it would be happpier with more. I'm sure someone in your ocal reef club would donate a frag so you can try it.