PDA

View Full Version : Daft Clown + feeding

n00b mariner
11/24/2005, 10:12 AM
Right ive had a clown in my newly cycled tank (8weeks old) and he wont make a home in the tank!!!! he just swims round rite next to the glass and is starting to get really dirty from always rubbing the glass. I had him for 2.5 weeks now and he feeds well.....when will he chill out and take a break?
Also I have a Gramma, 12 hermits, cleaner shrimp, urchin, 8 snails and live rock....how much food should these get and what foods are best?

PoukieBear
11/24/2005, 03:49 PM
What do you mean by getting dirty? He shouldn't be getting dirty just because he swims next to the glass...

TippyToeX
11/24/2005, 05:15 PM
I agree, what do you mean by him getting dirty?

Clowns have that nickname for a reason. They are goofy odd ball fish. Just give them the time they need, they will get use to their new environment and settle down. :)

He might be chasing his reflection at the glass. New clowns can do that, but they will stop at some point. Just keep the water quality super high, keep feeding them enriched foods and all should be well.

Reefmedic79
11/24/2005, 06:26 PM
How big is the tank?

If it's a big tank, it's probably because he's got no reason to make a "home" yet due to the lack of compitition for space, more fish should get him to settle, add slowly though. If the tank is too small the stress of a small tank could be sending him all over the tank.

Diversity is key in feeding our aquariums, I personaly like Ocean Nutrition products, feed once every other day or so and only a very small amount. Err on the side of underfeeding and all should be well IMO.