PDA

View Full Version : New Tank

lunchbox
03/16/2002, 01:54 AM
I just started my 20 gallon tank about a month ago. It is just live rock and sand with some hermits and snails at the moment. I want to wait and let the tank stablize for awhile before I add anything else. Let me know what you think about my setup.

http://home1.gte.net/res0ccyv/index.htm

Nek
03/16/2002, 08:30 AM
Looks good, Im not sure the monkey is reef safe though....:D

dattack
03/16/2002, 09:51 PM
Nice tank!

Just wondering if it came in with the built in overflow or did you make it yourself?

lunchbox
03/17/2002, 09:58 AM
That is a surface skimmer attachment for the BAkPak skimmer. It works great.

raptor
03/17/2002, 10:07 AM
Looks nice,I would move the rock to the center of the tank so you have circulation in front of the rock and behine it.

thesaltwaterreef.com
03/17/2002, 12:13 PM
Looks good - what are you planning on placing in it? What type of lighting are you using?

Keep up the good work!

lunchbox
03/17/2002, 05:57 PM
I have 2 55 watt power compacts in my DIY hood. One is 10,000 and the other Actinic.

Even though the rock is against the back of the tank there is pretty good circulation back there. I've also moved the rock around so many times I'm sick of moving it and it is going to have to stay where it is. It looks like a pile right now but I made a lot of legdes and holes for the corals in the future. I think once I get them in there it will fill out nice.

I think I'll put some shrooms, leathers(toadstool, cabbage), some button polyps, maybe candycane and a moon coral. I'm still researching corals right now so I'm not real sure. I figure I'll get a couple of clowns, since my girlfriend wanting clowns is what started the whole tank, and maybe a flame angle or coral beauty.

Any suggestions?

Nanook
03/17/2002, 09:48 PM
Cool Monkey Coral, what kind of lighting is he under?

Nanook:D