PDA

View Full Version : PetCo shutdown!!!

EleganceMan
11/23/2005, 06:32 PM
I was wondering if any of you feel like i do when it comes to how many fish Petco kills in a year. I would love to see them never able to carry another fish again. My local petco has just recently went through an upgrade in their fish department and they started ordering fish right away. I was excited at first because of the new stuff but after seeing them kill ever order of fish my excitement was gone. What makes it even worse is the fact that almost all their fish have died from ich. Which if they new anything could have been prevented. What do you think?

maxvan1
11/23/2005, 08:52 PM
Not all petco's are bad.

The one around me is OK. The person in charge of the fish department has been in the hobby for a few years, so he knows what he is doing....

Although, I have some funny things happen, like this....

Me: Hey, do you guys have any liverock?
Person: No, but we can order some, how long has your tank been running?
Me: About a month (this was a while ago)
Person: A MONTH!? your tank needs to cycle at least twice before you add live rock!
Me: Uhhh, oh... (I knew he was wrong, but didnt know what to say :lol:)

Then we left... I did get a Green Wolf Eel from there, I had it for a month, before I decided to do coral, it was very healthy, and at 6-10 feeder fish a day. Then I traded it back in for more then I bought it for, gotta love that :rollface: .

fishome25
11/24/2005, 02:11 PM
what about all the other poor quality lfs that kill tons of fish each year? going after everybody?

chip721
11/24/2005, 06:05 PM
...hmmmm, bad PetCo, bad McDonald's, bad Walmart. If you're really upset you might sue 'em, but you sure won't shut 'em down. Displeased with 'em? Voice your displeasure as a customer. But it still probably won't change 'em. Just don't give 'em your money anymore. And keep swimming!:)