PDA

View Full Version : Who Breads Banggai?

BIG "G"
03/15/2002, 09:42 PM
Who Breads Banggai Cardinalfish?

I'm looking for about 12, 6 from one blood line 6 from another.

http://www.liveaquaria.com/images/products/large/pw77880kaudern_cardinal.jpg

George

ReeferMac
03/16/2002, 06:30 AM
I know of two people off the top of my head in this group that has them, and has had them breed on them... So you might be able to find a couple of them floating around. I don't know about 6 tho. What are you trying to do, start your own fish farm ;-) 6-6 sounds like you're going to try and get a second generation out of these guys.. I'd almost want to try getting them from different sources, to ensure complete mixing of the gene's. Maybe two from here, two from there, etc.... If of course, that is your plan.

- Mac

BIG "G"
03/16/2002, 09:45 PM
Thats a good plain, I want to make sure I get a good genetic mix.:D I also want a nice little school

Gary Majchrzak
03/17/2002, 08:11 AM
My cardinals reproduce.I collect the offspring casually.If I spy a "baby" near the waters surface I scoop it up.I remove them to my sump.Apparently some get taken by aiptasia down there.It's a low volume,laid-back approach that does not produce any large volume of cardinalfish.The fish that I do not collect become fishfood. ;)

_ShotgunShrimp_
03/18/2002, 12:09 AM
my male is carrying a brood now?? if they come to full term i might have some??? i dunno yet last time he either spit em or swallowed em as eggs... so far he has carried them longer.. lotsa mouth shuffeling (must be a pain carrying 9lbs-10oz in yer mouth) :)

ill keep you informed

BIG "G"
03/18/2002, 11:35 AM
Thanks Shotgun

Guy
03/18/2002, 12:18 PM
I currently have about 30 fom 4 seperate blood lines. They are of various sizes mostly juvenile. One large female that was from an odd-numbered clutch is ready to breed.

BIG "G"
03/18/2002, 01:05 PM
Guy

How much are you asking for them and can you ship them to the Syracuse NY area?

George

Guy
03/18/2002, 01:32 PM
$10.00 apiece for the "ready to roll" fish (>1"). I think I only have 3 or 4 of the 1"+ left though. I'll check for you when I get home if you're interested. If you just want the babies they're $8.00 and are weaned onto frozen food. I don't sell the newborns until they will accept frozen food.

Shipping = bad idea unless you want to wait until May. If you're buying a lot of them I could meet you in Rochester some weekend, say... Marketplace Mall or Carribean Forrest.

kmagyar
03/21/2002, 11:03 PM
Guy, Do you have a bangaii that may match up with the one I got from you last year?

Guy
03/22/2002, 09:20 AM
I had one until this morning.... I just sold all of my larger ones to Dave :( Sorry, I didn't know you wanted one. Kevin C. has a pair and he was thinking he might only want one. Maybe for some $$ he would part with one.

I do have a lot of babies. Would you like to swap two babies for your adult? I currently have about 6 that will be Reef Ready by the end of next month.