PDA

View Full Version : hermits

supernareg
11/23/2005, 05:06 AM
almost the past 2 weeks now, at night around 1-2 am when i turn on my room lights, all the hermits (well 5 outta 8-10 of em) are gathered together on the same spot on a LR about half way up the tank. for 2 weeks its like this... why's that? its pretty cool...

oh, and what do u guys suggest? which 1's a better clean and even more reef safe?

red legged or blue?

jeffrey_ropp
11/23/2005, 05:26 AM
Clearly they are trying to organize a prison break. Does one of them resemble Clint Eastwood? He's the leader....

Both are reef safe. Blues are much more entertaining to watch IMO. Better yet, go with lefties (zebras).

supernareg
11/23/2005, 04:00 PM
lol at 2am i'ma go and break them up, those lil #%#$@@%$ :D

drake66
11/23/2005, 05:07 PM
hahahaha! throw them some food

kusanagiz
11/23/2005, 06:50 PM
why do u say go w/ the lefties? i have both lefties and red-tipped hermits in my tanks. Always worry about the lefties. I have one that got HUGE. Took the biggest shell I had which was formerly a turbo.

coralGoodie
11/25/2005, 11:10 AM
I've got a blue leggedcrab that's keeps on growing. Before I was noticing it wanted to escape from the tank by going to the side. I then relaized it needs a bigger shell. When I put the empty shell, it immediately checked it out and no time it transferred to the new shell. I just wonder what it eats as it doesn't sift the sand.

jeffrey_ropp
11/26/2005, 03:27 AM
kusanagiz - Same here. My large zebra has moved into a very large turbo shell. I'm curious just how big he might get if I find a larger shell for him.

coralGoodie - post a pic. I've always wondered if the blue legs got big.