PDA

View Full Version : Concerning Kids And Valley News And Views Publication Advice Needed

zooqi
11/21/2005, 02:11 PM
Valley news and Views which is one of the publication in North Central Pa asked me if they can do an article about REEFNEST
School projects which will be spread all over this area. I will have to pust some info together and give it to them and also on top of that I thought I will have some kinda of prize in REEFNEST.COM for those who come visit the site for info. I can submit the questions (interesting questions) in the paper for example 10 and if they come to the site they will find the answer in certain page. If they submit the answers we will pick two winners and give them something
My idea was this
http://almarzouqi.net/daycare/1.jpg

http://almarzouqi.net/daycare/2.jpg

I do have enough algae, sand and few pieces of rocks, bulb has to be changed to PC bulb, some pump adjustments, snails, and a tank which can be found at Wal-Mart and since I don't have any clownfish I can buy them.
I would like to see some youngers visit and answer the questions and age will be up to 18 to enter.
We will do a drawing and two will win, we will help them set it up.

What do you guys think, any suggestions. This copy (Christmas special copy) is spread all over my area and surounding areas and as a matter of fact this company is publishing a copy in State of Florida (not sure when or where but editor told me that). So I thought it will be a great idea to let everybody have idea about us and get some interesting reef info passed to readers.

fishesRdelicious
11/22/2005, 12:59 PM
that looks like a great way to get younger people involved that may otherwise avoid the hobby because of the cost.
i may have some filters and heaters that would be great for a nano tank

zooqi
11/22/2005, 01:56 PM
That is great and thanks. You are done early today .

Reef_Dweller_69
11/25/2005, 10:25 PM
MO,
IMHO, that is a great idea. Wish I would of though tof that :). Like fishesRdelicious said it's a good way to get the younger kids involved or interested in sensible reef keeping. While educating them, making it fun and rewarding. I would love to see the face of the 2 winners. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help, I have a lot of time on my hands right now.

Faruq

zooqi
11/26/2005, 02:15 AM
Faruq,
thanks for your reply and for your kind offers and I'm sure you will be needed someday when is the right time.