PDA

View Full Version : In-wall tank?

Kennetht
11/21/2005, 12:09 AM
Does anyone here have an in-wall tank? We are going to be buying a house, hopefully in the next few weeks, and I'm wanting to put the 135 in the wall. My fiance` likes the idea, but I have no clue where to start. I need some help guys and gals. Do I put it in the wall, or build a nice hood and just run the plumbing into the room and keep my sump there? We love the look of an in-wall tank, but I'm clueless. Thanks in advance.

EvilMel
11/21/2005, 08:48 AM
I don't know of anyone in the club who has an in-wall tank, but I have not seen everyone's tanks (just nearly everyone's).

I personally could not have one because I am in and out of the tank so often each day. I would just get frustrated with it.

If you do decide to do it, make sure you check out whether or not you need some kind of de-humidifier.

stevensmd
11/22/2005, 07:52 AM
http://reefkeeping.com/issues/2005-11/totm/index.php

tank of the month...wait to you see his equipment room.

dave

awcurl
11/22/2005, 07:57 AM
In my previous home I had a 200 built in the wall with equipment room behind. I really liked it set up this way, but as Mel said it was a pain to work in because my only access was from the rear. If you can build it in and somehow maintain access from the front it would be best.