PDA

View Full Version : F/S: 180 RR LeeMar 3 side starfire complete setup, pick up only!

SkinyChinaMan
11/21/2005, 12:08 AM
hi guys,

My parents are forcing me to move this tank out of their house soon.. so here it goes..

180 gallons 60"x24"x30"T with dual corner overflow 3 sided starfire glass and black back, black silicon, Eurobraced with a center 4" brace to add the support due to 30" height. It comes with oak stand and extra high canopy for MH.. not some cheap quality stuffs.

In and canopy (2 x 400W MH with radium 20K blbs, 2 x 250W Uship 10K bulbs and 2 Actinic VHO powered by Icecap 660, the MH is run on champion lighting electronic ballast with spider reflectors) and 4 ice cap fans.

Under the tank: custom 2 chamber sump with one side refugium and anotherside for skimmer. It comes with a phosban reactor with pump for carbon. Fully plumbed with easy unions. there is a 96W quad PC lighting the refugium overgrown with chaeto.

2 maxijet 1200 powerhead, Iwakii 70rlt return pump, mangrove algae magnet.

$1500.00 obo, Tank is still running.

I will post some pictures tomorrow...

PM me or email: anthony812@sbcglobal.net

bugsy714
11/21/2005, 01:45 AM
I've seen this tank and it's super nice. The Starphire glass is so much nicer/clearer than standard glass tanks. Now if I only had the room for it....

wishntoboutside
11/21/2005, 10:38 AM
that is a good deal.. =)

tigerczr
11/21/2005, 11:30 AM
YGPM

SkinyChinaMan
11/21/2005, 12:04 PM
as promissed, picture day! lol:D

http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/500/35045tank1.jpg

http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/500/35045top.jpg

http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/500/35045sumpall.jpg

SkinyChinaMan
11/21/2005, 02:33 PM
please read my post clearly, it doesn't include the skimmer and livestocks.. I am using them for my new system in the store.. this is only for the equipments.

The tank, stand and canopy alone will cost more then $1500.00 new. you will get the lighting (4 MH, 2 VHO), sump, pump, etc for free.

lastin1
11/21/2005, 02:36 PM
Your post stated complete setup. There is also a picture of the skimmer. Nowhere in your descriptions says that the skimmer is not included. I've had two people take a look at the post. Am I missing something?

SkinyChinaMan
11/21/2005, 02:39 PM
i am sorry that if i misinformed you, but i dont see anywhere that i say skimmer is included.. either you buy it or not.. this is not a discussion thread.

Mods - if you guys think what i said is wrong or offensive, feel free to pull the thread. gosh.. i am in a cranky mood today..:mad2:

cxr133
11/21/2005, 02:42 PM
i have to agree w/lastin one here......

the SUBJECT of the thread says COMPLETE SETUP and nowhere did it say the skimmer was not included.

I would of gotten pretty angry if i came to pick this thing up w/ my 1500 in hand and you started removing things

SkinyChinaMan
11/21/2005, 03:01 PM
like i stated, if you like what you see, buy it, and if you dont think its a good deal, dont buy it. otherwise, please leave the comments to yourself.. as for removing things, read my statment above. all i know that you are one of his buddy or something..

Wilafur
11/21/2005, 04:02 PM
wow. as with any purchase, before you show up at a person's home with cash don't you always make the seller provide you with a list of items included in the sale?

if not.....i have this orange-ish colored bridge that i can sell you. its located in close proximity to san francisco. ;)

lastin1
11/21/2005, 04:41 PM
That's why I pm'd him asking if everything was included. He replied telling me to read the post. I reread it 4 times, and had two people read it as well because I may have missed something.

I haven't met cxr133 yet or ever talked to him before. Funny how you accused us of being in cohort when he agreed with me.

lastin1
11/21/2005, 04:45 PM
I liked what I see, but half of what I see isn't included.

cxr133
11/21/2005, 05:00 PM
i have also never met lastin1 ..
I am a newbie here and looking for a complete tank setup like the one you are advertising to get me started.

and i was just stating that after reading your post i would of showed up w/ my cash in hand expecting to load the complete system in my truck.. only for you to start removing things.... that would of started a heated debate right there and then.

But thanks for clarifying this for us. guess ill keep looking!!!

raskal311
11/21/2005, 05:06 PM
If I walked into a store and ask the sales guy a question and he tells me to read the sign I’d be ****ed no matter how obvious the question was.

bugsy714
11/21/2005, 05:35 PM
too funny, some people don't even use skimmers

When I priced this size starphire tank the tank alone was over $1500, I need to rearrange some furniture and do some sweet talking with the Mrs. :D

Maybe if I say it's my Xmas and bday gifts combined.....

SirLight1337
11/21/2005, 05:46 PM
thats a beautiful tank. Gotta love the starfire.

good luck with the sale, whoever gets this please post pics when you have it loaded :)

SkinyChinaMan
11/21/2005, 06:05 PM
again, i truly appologize for posting a pictures of the full tank setup and not just with what was described for sale. and wilbur, i thought i listed everyhing already.. what are you talking about?

Wilafur
11/21/2005, 06:11 PM
my comment was directed at buyers not the seller.

golfish
11/21/2005, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by SkinyChinaMan

The tank, stand and canopy alone will cost more then $1500.00 new.

The tank alone would cost more then 1500.00

SkinyChinaMan
11/21/2005, 06:29 PM
hahaha.. that was what i though wilbur, just want to make sure.. thanks bro

glaudds
11/21/2005, 07:01 PM
Gee, when I first read this post it seemed perfectly clear what was included....nowhere in the initial post said a skimmer was included.

dymaxiun
11/21/2005, 07:13 PM
I'll take the skimmer!!!!! :lol: j/k

Nice tank to whomever picks it up!!!

bugsy714
11/21/2005, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by golfish
The tank alone would cost more then 1500.00

I agree completely,
That's if they can get the special glass, when I tried to order one they couldn't find the glass for two months! Finally gave up and went acrylic which is nice but a serious PITA to clean.

That's what starphire is so nice: acrylic clear but you can clean it with a magnet :D One day...

SkinyChinaMan
11/21/2005, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by raskal311
If I walked into a store and ask the sales guy a question and he tells me to read the sign I’d be ****ed no matter how obvious the question was.

haha.. you can come in my store and i will ask you to read the signs.. i wanna see how %^#$ you will be.. wait.. i dont have prices on my tanks..hahah.. again. i dont think you will ever come:D

this would be a dream tank for most reefers.. starphire.. wooo:cool:

bennyinca
11/21/2005, 07:47 PM
Nowhere in there it says WYSIWYG. The description lists the items for sale.

Can't be too hard unless you don't read :D

raskal311
11/21/2005, 09:00 PM
haha.. you can come in my store and i will ask you to read the signs.. i wanna see how %^#$ you will be.. wait.. i dont have prices on my tanks..hahah.. again. i dont think you will ever come:D

this would be a dream tank for most reefers.. starphire.. wooo:cool:

yes it is a dream tank and if it wasnt so tall I would have made you an offer on it myself but thats not the point now is it.

SkinyChinaMan
11/21/2005, 09:09 PM
yes kevin, that is not the point now.. so lets just leave it at that.. this is my sale thread.. so please.. be curtious and move on

birdman204
11/21/2005, 10:52 PM
I agree with the people re: the skimmer not being "complete".... BUT.. and this is a big ole butt....
It's an ASM, you can pick one up for next to nothing.... Slap that and a pump on , and you've got a nice system for less than 2G's....

Anyways, on to my Question... Canopy height? and how many fan holes? What is the rear sump access like, Is there a cross brace similar to the front ?
TYIA

SkinyChinaMan
11/21/2005, 11:22 PM
birdman, canopy height is approx. 10-12", there are 2 fan holes and 2 fans blowing out toward the back, rear sump access is wide open.. no center brace like the front.

as for the comment of not being complete.. how does a skimmer ever translate to a complete system? i think the people who will cry over a skimmer and thinking that without it, its not a complete system needs more reading to do. I have done plenty of tank skimmerless...oh.. BTW, that is a ER 8-2 and not ASM. oh and for those who wants a "complete"system.. you can have all the things you see in the picture including skimmer, 150lbs marshall islnad LR for a total of $2300.00

jeffreylam1132
11/21/2005, 11:40 PM
Nice tank, Anthony and great price. Boy, I wish I have the space to put this beautiful tank in my new home. Hm.....................

jeffreylam1132
11/21/2005, 11:45 PM
BTW, the crocea clam I've bought from you was so nice and healthy. But when I was gone for a whole week for work and came back home, it was a very sad day for me, because my beautiful clam was gone. Right now, I'm in the process of moving and currently have no tank. But once I settle in, I will definitely hit you up again for few of those beautiful crocea clams.

bugsy714
11/21/2005, 11:50 PM
Just got back from checking it out in person, oh baby it is nice!

The 30" tall panel is incredible, I didn't think I'd like it at first but when you see it in person it makes perfect sense, it's like a widescreen :D

That stand/canopy is beautiful, super nice whitewashed oak, it would look soooooo good in my living....oh man the pain...I need to start begging Jen, maybe she'll give in to repetition...

birdman204
11/22/2005, 12:12 AM
12 inch canopy, 10 inch light height?

lastin1
11/22/2005, 12:36 AM
If that's the case, why don't you just exclude everything but the tank? You don't "need" a stand, put it on the floor. You don't "need" a canopy. You don't "need" anything but the tank to hold water. I simply asked if everything in the picture is included. A simple no, livestock and skimmer is not included would be fine. Instead, you said to read the posts, insinuating that I can't read. And then you go on attacking everyone that agrees with me. No matter how great the deal is, I wouldn't do business with someone that is rude.

birdman, canopy height is approx. 10-12", there are 2 fan holes and 2 fans blowing out toward the back, rear sump access is wide open.. no center brace like the front.

as for the comment of not being complete.. how does a skimmer ever translate to a complete system? i think the people who will cry over a skimmer and thinking that without it, its not a complete system needs more reading to do. I have done plenty of tank skimmerless...oh.. BTW, that is a ER 8-2 and not ASM. oh and for those who wants a "complete"system.. you can have all the things you see in the picture including skimmer, 150lbs marshall islnad LR for a total of $2300.00

vpham24
11/22/2005, 01:33 AM
Originally posted by bugsy714

The 30" tall panel is incredible, I didn't think I'd like it at first but when you see it in person it makes perfect sense, it's like a widescreen :D

That stand/canopy is beautiful, super nice whitewashed oak, it would look soooooo good in my living....oh man the pain...I need to start begging Jen, maybe she'll give in to repetition...

I thought this was not a discussion thread? I guess it is, if you say nice things about it. You can go on and on and on. Hey Charles, start selling some of them nice micros and you'll have the money to get that tank. Lastin1, you're too late man, bugsy714 is ready to buy.

vpham24
11/22/2005, 01:38 AM
i am sorry that if i misinformed you, but i dont see anywhere that i say skimmer is included.. either you buy it or not.. this is not a discussion thread.

Mods - if you guys think what i said is wrong or offensive, feel free to pull the thread. gosh.. i am in a cranky mood today..:mad2:

YES. PULL IT, PULL IT. :mad2: :mad2: Sounds like a request to me.

vpham24
11/22/2005, 01:40 AM
yes kevin, that is not the point now.. so lets just leave it at that.. this is my sale thread.. so please.. be curtious and move on

raskal311, unless you have something nice to say, I suggest you go to his store and discuss it with this vendor. Don't ruined this non-vendor selling thread.

vpham24
11/22/2005, 01:44 AM
too funny, some people don't even use skimmers

Hey Charles are you talking about me? I told you it's good for the Acans. :lol:

maynui
11/22/2005, 01:55 AM
Originally posted by vpham24
Hey Charles are you talking about me? I told you it's good for the Acans. :lol:

I didn't know that you don't need a skimmer to run a reef system.
in that case, i should remove my skimmer.

vpham24
11/22/2005, 01:56 AM
Originally posted by maynui
I didn't know that you don't need a skimmer to run a reef system.
in that case, i should remove my skimmer.

That's why you can't keep acans.

bugsy714
11/22/2005, 02:15 AM
I thought this was not a discussion thread? I guess it is, if you say nice things about it. You can go on and on and on. Hey Charles, start selling some of them nice micros and you'll have the money to get that tank. Lastin1, you're too late man, bugsy714 is ready to buy.

The money isn't the issue, just the lack of space for another tank, hehe if you saw my "kitchen" you'd understand what I mean....Thought my post would be helpful Vu, I suppose that is the difference between unwanted discussions posts & wanted discussion posts

Can't even shop for a tank without drama...Geez...that's a real bummer

vpham24
11/22/2005, 02:26 AM
The money isn't the issue, just the lack of space for another tank, hehe if you saw my "kitchen" you'd understand what I mean....Thought my post would be helpful Vu, I suppose that is the difference between unwanted discussions posts & wanted discussion posts

Can't even shop for a tank without drama...Geez...that's a real bummer

Got a picture of the kitchen? I just had my kitchen remodeled, boy it's a pain the the you know what. Anyway, I'm not taking advantage of the discussion, but it sucks to see some people being so arrogant and rude to fellow reefers. I call it as I see it.

bugsy714
11/22/2005, 02:32 AM
hehe kitchen table was banished to the garage years ago...it's a tight squeeze. I'm afraid of having a tank over my carpet so everything reef is confined to the tile for now, over 350 gallons in both systems :D

Yes, I am a gear junkie/pvc addict, I've come to this realization, that's why any new gear is a tough sell with the Mrs. :rollface:

vpham24
11/22/2005, 02:37 AM
Damn Charles, I bet the Mrs. own the 300g and you own the 50g. :lol:

fc.pride
11/22/2005, 03:29 AM
nice tank...bump for anthony. :cool:

vpham24
11/22/2005, 03:32 AM
OK, bump back at you too.

Old Yeller Tang
11/22/2005, 03:53 AM
Whoah! Leemar with starphire glass!

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

One reason I don't own one. Us poor folk have to settle for whatever PetSmart has available.lol

This is quite the deal! I'd consider if the phosban reactor is included!:D

raskal311
11/22/2005, 09:54 AM
raskal311, unless you have something nice to say, I suggest you go to his store and discuss it with this vendor. Don't ruined this non-vendor selling thread.

what shop does he own anyway?

vpham24
11/22/2005, 10:51 AM
what shop does he own anyway?

Where have you been? :lol:

raskal311
11/22/2005, 11:18 AM
man in the last 4 months i've only been to Tongs to look twice and Fish ware house. I don't see the point of going to any other lfs just to get ripped off.

vpham24
11/22/2005, 11:22 AM
man in the last 4 months i've only been to Tongs to look twice and Fish ware house. I don't see the point of going to any other lfs just to get ripped off.

Hey, go read the sign. NO LOOKING allowed. :D

SkinyChinaMan
11/22/2005, 11:30 AM
gee Vu, adding to your post count again? ^_^
with the amount of posts you have on this thread.. you want to buy the tank?

SkinyChinaMan
11/22/2005, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by lastin1
If that's the case, why don't you just exclude everything but the tank? You don't "need" a stand, put it on the floor. You don't "need" a canopy. You don't "need" anything but the tank to hold water. I simply asked if everything in the picture is included. A simple no, livestock and skimmer is not included would be fine. Instead, you said to read the posts, insinuating that I can't read. And then you go on attacking everyone that agrees with me. No matter how great the deal is, I wouldn't do business with someone that is rude.

I totally agree with you man.. i never beg for your business.. I really want to know how many people here on this board actually think i am rude. I have been in this hobby for so long now and never once i have been told that i was rude. lol. Anyhow, as i stated before, I would appologize if i offended you in anyways. ~happy reefin'

vpham24
11/22/2005, 11:34 AM
gee Vu, adding to your post count again? ^_^
with the amount of posts you have on this thread.. you want to buy the tank?

hahahaha, Anthony, I'm just another post whore like drake66, but I at least say meaningful things. :D

Nice tank man, but I want a skimmer to go with that since I don't use one right now. :lol:

OK, one last post, good luck with the sale.

saltyDDS
11/22/2005, 11:38 AM
I suggest you go to his store and discuss it with this vendor. Don't ruined this non-vendor selling thread.

How does a vendor become a non-vendor on this forum?

SkinyChinaMan
11/22/2005, 11:39 AM
no problem Vu, thank you for the meaningful comments...this is a beautiful tank and it would definitly look nice in someones home that would have the proper time to take good care of it. because of my lack of time and care, I lost every coral in that tank except for the frogspawn and a couple ricordias T_T.

SaltyDDS - its because i am selling my personal tank and not some new tanks i bought from the manufacturers.

wrightnow
11/22/2005, 11:42 AM

Hey Charles,

Maybe it time for the wedding bells, then Jen would agree on the new tank....lol

Mark

Old Yeller Tang
11/22/2005, 12:08 PM
hahahaha, Anthony, I'm just another post whore like drake66, but I at least say meaningful things. :D
drake66 - (6.01 posts per day)
vpham24 - (6.62 posts per day)

:lol: :rollface: :lol:

HenryTran
11/22/2005, 12:40 PM
Must be bored to get over 6 post, each and every day................or extremely helpful.:D

Bump for a nice tank.

bugsy714
11/22/2005, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by wrightnow
Hey Charles,

Maybe it time for the wedding bells, then Jen would agree on the new tank....lol

Mark

Soon enough..you are talking to the master procrastinator :D

bugsy714
11/22/2005, 12:52 PM
this is a beautiful tank and it would definitly look nice in someones home that would have the proper time to take good care of it. because of my lack of time and care, I lost every coral in that tank except for the frogspawn and a couple ricordias T_T.

This sums it up perfectly. This tank would be amazing if it was stocked & loved.

F35-Joint Strike Fighter
11/22/2005, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by Old Yeller Tang
drake66 - (6.01 posts per day)
vpham24 - (6.62 posts per day)

:lol: :rollface: :lol:

you forgot about me

F18-Hornet-(6.625 post per day).

I just want to beat Vpham24.

BTW, I already asked a qoute on the standard 180g (6'x2'x2') with only front starphire cost more than $1,500. Man, I wish that tank is shorter because I'm Asian guy too short.

kokxy
11/22/2005, 03:23 PM
SkinnyChinaMan YGPM

Old Yeller Tang
11/22/2005, 03:52 PM
Wow! This tank is still available! Too bad it wouldn't fit in the wall for me!:)

Konadog
11/22/2005, 05:48 PM
If it were 30 width and 24 tall, it would be at my house already!

reefpeep2004
11/22/2005, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by Konadog
If it were 30 width and 24 tall, it would be at my house already!
Amen, wouldn't 30 wide be perfect :D

phatphisher
11/22/2005, 06:25 PM
initial post indicates euro braced but it also says that it has center brace? please clarify as i may be interested if it is trully euro braced.

Konadog
11/22/2005, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by phatphisher
initial post indicates euro braced but it also says that it has center brace? please clarify as i may be interested if it is trully euro braced. It sounds like both, but the center brace is only 4"(probably the same width as the euro brace), not the usual 12" to 15" brace. I just re-read the first post but Anthony should answer this himself.

Originally posted by reefpeep2004
Amen, wouldn't 30 wide be perfect :D Yes, I'm waiting on quotes now!

gtrestoration
11/22/2005, 07:36 PM
Heck of a deal. I have a starfire front only I've thought about selling that still sits on the pallet wrapped up. I'd want nearly the same amount for it... tank only. I know I'll never get it so I just keep it for later on when I get crazy and want to setup a tank at home again.

Good price for someone that wants a big tank. Good luck SCM.

SteveU

bergzy
11/24/2005, 02:09 AM
that is a freakin' awesome price!

man, lessee where i can put it....

dang, no where...otherwise i would have snatched it up in a heartbeat!

bugsy714
11/24/2005, 02:21 AM
hahaha, come on Ben, you don't need a kitchen table either =)

I think sr71 is getting it, he's one lucky SOB :D

bergzy
11/24/2005, 02:37 AM
hahaha, come on Ben, you don't need a kitchen table either =)

hmmm,

i know...a few 2x4's along with a couple of planks will make an awesome buffet around the tank that doubles as a kitchen table center piece!!!

what an idea!!!

too bad that would never fly with the mrs.

but...

after all, i have to give her credit for it was her idea to renovate the house to fit my current 180g and have all the equipment (as loud as a train) be remotely located adjacently in the garage.

tigerarmy40
11/28/2005, 12:31 AM
its crazy how poluted the selling form has become with all these people that have no intentions of buying but just point out stupid little things and relally take the joy out of shoppingand selling here! I think the mods should get more involved in these types of posts.....

bugsy714
11/28/2005, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by bergzy
hmmm,

i know...a few 2x4's along with a couple of planks will make an awesome buffet around the tank that doubles as a kitchen table center piece!!!

what an idea!!!

too bad that would never fly with the mrs.

but...

after all, i have to give her credit for it was her idea to renovate the house to fit my current 180g and have all the equipment (as loud as a train) be remotely located adjacently in the garage.

Wow! I can't wait until my tanks require building permits!!!! Props to Mrs. Ben!!!

reefpeep2004
11/28/2005, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by tigerarmy40
its crazy how poluted the selling form has become with all these people that have no intentions of buying but just point out stupid little things and relally take the joy out of shoppingand selling here! I think the mods should get more involved in these types of posts.....

Doh, suggest you look "upward" and check the title of this forum....this is NOT the "selling forum" :lol:

SkinyChinaMan
11/28/2005, 06:11 PM
Tank Sold! thread ends. everyone happy reefin'