PDA

View Full Version : WTB: 150-180 gallon tank

silverarrow27
11/20/2005, 08:47 PM
I'm looking for a bigger tank to upgrade to from my 40 gallon. Must be glass! My 40 gallon is acrylic and it's a pain to keep it stratchless especially when you have a bunch of nieces and nephews over once in a while.

Looking for anything between 150-180 gallons and I prefer the 150 gallon to be 5x2x2 and the 180 gallon to be standard 6x2x2. Must be reef ready and drilled for returns already. Staying away from having powerheads inside the tank. PLEASE, must be a wall tank. Not looking for one to put in the middle of the room.

If it comes with stand and canopy(MH) it's a plus! I'm a student here so don't offer me a tank combo I can't afford. I'm from the Desert so please try to keep it under 80 miles in all directions also. Thanks a lot guys! E-mail me at silverarrow27@verizon.net
with pictures and prices.

SkinyChinaMan
11/21/2005, 12:02 AM
I have a 180 Leemar 3 sided starfire and black back RR setup available.
180 gallons 60"x24"x30"T with dual corner overflow, It comes with oak stand and extra high canopy.. not some cheap quality stuffs.
In and canopy (2 x 400W MH with radium 20K blbs, 2 x 250W Uship 10K bulbs and 2 Actinic VHO powered by Icecap 660, the MH is run on champion lighting electronic ballast with spider reflectors) and 4 ice cap fans.

Under the tank: custom 2 chamber sump with one side refugium and anotherside for skimmer. It comes with a phosban reactor with pump for carbon. Fully plumbed with easy unions. there is a 96W quad PC lighting the refugium overgrown with chaeto.

2 maxijet 1200 powerhead, Iwakii 70rlt return pump, mangrove algae magnet.

$1500.00 obo, Tank is still running.

silverarrow27
11/21/2005, 02:31 AM
Thanks for the offer but I'm only looking for the tank, stand, and canopy by itself. I have everything else! And unfortunately your tank is way out of my price range!

silverarrow27
11/28/2005, 10:50 PM
Still looking! Mainly a 150 gallon 5x2x2, drilled returns, and one built-in overflow(don't like the dual look).

drake66
11/28/2005, 11:38 PM
socalcreations.com ?

silverarrow27
11/29/2005, 10:40 PM
I didn't want to go with a brand new tank yet, wanted to have a feel for what's available for a used tank first before I think about purchasing a new tank. Besides, socalcreations only deal with acrylic. I dislike acrylic tanks. Thanks for the suggestion though!

Kenfuzed
11/30/2005, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by silverarrow27
I didn't want to go with a brand new tank yet, wanted to have a feel for what's available for a used tank first before I think about purchasing a new tank. Besides, socalcreations only deal with acrylic. I dislike acrylic tanks. Thanks for the suggestion though! Though Anthony's tank comes with more items than you need, you might be hard pressed to find a tank and stand alone for that same price. You could always sell off the exta items which cuts down the cost. I was just at a local LFS that had a similar tank and stand for $1800 (no canopy, no other parts). They had a 150 as well for $1600.

If you are just looking to get a feel for pricing, I can honestly tell you that if I were selling my 150 today along with the custom stand/canopy I would ask at least $1000. Paid $1500 for the tank and unfinished stand/canopy 4 years ago.

Please don't take offense to this next comment but...
given your very specific requirements (reef ready, drilled, etc) combined with any budget restraints you may currently have, you may consider waiting. Tanks like the one you are looking for don't come cheap, and those that do are rare. Most used glass tanks I come across for less money are generally FW tanks without any of the amenities. Sometimes you can get lucky browsing the local papers, recycler, or craigslist.

Best of luck on your search.

silverarrow27
11/30/2005, 11:17 PM
No offense taken Kenfuzed. I know it's rare to find a cheaper priced tank,stand, and canopy combo...but that was why I have this wtb post to see if anyone did. You never know until you ask right? But most tanks, canopies, and stands that are usually in stock inside the local LFS are usually overpriced from my observation and research. I've called around a few local LFS for quotes and it does not exceed or come near to your listed prices...a local LFS which I want to be unnamed quoted me a 180 gallon reef ready drilled for returns, eurobrace, etc etc with canopy and stands for $900. By all means it is not a Leemar built tank, but it's still from a reputable company.