PDA

View Full Version : Window to the sea

G13
11/20/2005, 06:18 PM
Hello, I was thinking of placing an order onnline. My question is, have any of you guys gone to this store? What do you guys think of the livestock and corals, healthy?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Wickednix
11/20/2005, 06:42 PM
I have been the the actual store. the owner is real nice. I bought $89 and got it for $42.

There coral selection isnt the best on the market, but he does have a warehouse of corl for his website.

He has a better selection on fish IMO.

I give this store a 8 out of 10..

laverda
11/20/2005, 08:52 PM
I have been and would say his fish are very healthy, but a little pricy. Corals seemed reasonable. Hard good are high. Very nice staff and clean store.

Mchava
11/20/2005, 11:39 PM
I've been there too but I would say his stuff is marginal. But will agree with steve and say the hard goods are realy high. Not only that but on his website he has stuff cheaper but will not honor the prices in store. Unlike other places will. Kind of a pain when he wants to charge you the shipping on stuff you can pick up.

MG21
11/21/2005, 03:35 AM
Been to the store also and there are better places if you're gonna order on line. Nice though for a local store, kinda pricey.

simon.007
11/21/2005, 01:44 PM
The fishes and corals are ok in price but drygoods are pricy. The Corals seems healthy!

Simon

Wickednix
11/21/2005, 04:31 PM
Dry goods are pricey but Bring up a competors price and watch the price drop..

G13
09/07/2006, 11:18 PM
What ever happened to their website? Are they out of business?

afelder
09/07/2006, 11:21 PM
Still hit and miss. The owner doesn't spend much time in the store. It went down hill for a while and seems to be slowly coming back.

Mchava
09/07/2006, 11:37 PM
I dont know about that, it seem at least to me that its getting worse. The last time I was there they had nothing to sell and they still had the dry good realy pricey. All thier stuff was realy bad if not dead it was almost dead. Only reason I go is to buy the Coral magazine if not I would not even go at all. I asked about the prices and was told that if they where to much then I should not buy them and when I mentioned that other people had them cheaper they said "well were not like the other people" then I got the cold shoulder afther that.

codybug
09/08/2006, 12:05 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8101197#post8101197 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Mchava
I dont know about that, it seem at least to me that its getting worse. The last time I was there they had nothing to sell and they still had the dry good realy pricey. All thier stuff was realy bad if not dead it was almost dead. Only reason I go is to buy the Coral magazine if not I would not even go at all. I asked about the prices and was told that if they where to much then I should not buy them and when I mentioned that other people had them cheaper they said "well were not like the other people" then I got the cold shoulder afther that.

I agree

jjirsa78
09/08/2006, 12:19 AM
I was incredibly unhappy with the health of animals and coral in his stores. The fish looked sick (many showing signs of ich, clowns appeared to have brook) and the refugium was filled with flatworms.

Also unimpressed with the owner (who seemed put out that I asked a question while he was rearranging his display) and the cashier staff (who couldn't make change for a $20).

therealw00
09/08/2006, 05:34 AM
I agree that the place is god aweful, there are better places to spend your money. It started out soso and I had hopes for the future, but it has just gone downhill overtime. Originally they only had nice corals in their display tank which weren't for sale and now all there stuff looks not so hot. The fish look sick, the corals are all brown and that place smells TERRIBLE now and is a mess...not to mention the owner tries to sell you anything he has in stock no matter how small your tank is. Grouper for a 40g, bring it back when it is too big...:rolleyes:

riotj
09/08/2006, 08:44 AM
What's the website? The obvious came up with no hit. Just curious what the website shows for sale and prices since I was recently in the store.

riotj
09/08/2006, 08:46 AM
This is a revived old thread. nevermind

salt e
09/08/2006, 12:36 PM
glad i didnt waste my time when i saw the lfs off the freeway :D

Frankysreef
09/08/2006, 12:58 PM
Just in there the other day,, got a sheet of mysis.. 24.95, when I can get virtually the same thing at jeff's for 16.00, of course jeff was sold out.

salt e
09/08/2006, 01:09 PM
WOW...talk about inflation.. we should boycott that place :D

G13
09/08/2006, 03:46 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8102439#post8102439 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by riotj
What's the website? The obvious came up with no hit. Just curious what the website shows for sale and prices since I was recently in the store.

Their website had great prices and that's why I was asking about it. Didn't plan on buying from them but heard of a place that price matches livestock prices over the internet.

xtm
09/08/2006, 07:38 PM
Window to the Sea? Neverheard of this store.. where is it?
Can someone please give me the address? I'll visit today.

thanks

jjirsa78
09/08/2006, 10:34 PM
55 and the 5, in Tustin / Santa Ana.

If you're southbound on the 5, take the newport exit, turn right, it's in the first shopping center (you should see a bright yellow window from the freeway).