PDA

View Full Version : Group Buy Recommendations

rbdesigns
11/19/2005, 05:47 PM
Hello everyone I am planning on setting up an above ground pool aquarium. I am calculating I may need about 20- 200 gallon buckets. I have emailed Coral Oasis, Tropical Reef Oasis, and also am trying to see if I can get the salt directly from the manufacturer. If I get a good deal, so far cheapest I have found is $39 dollars for Reef Crystals or Instant Ocean, can't remember which. I will turn it into a group buy to pass the savings. I would like feedback from people who have organized group buys, so I don't make the same mistakes.

bryang6286
11/19/2005, 06:35 PM
this could be interesting, their are a lot of people with huge tanks that need a lot of salt. I would go to the large tank section and ask those people but I would get in on a group buy

john37
11/19/2005, 08:27 PM
count me in

laverda
11/19/2005, 11:35 PM
Sounds like a good idea. I could use 2 pails of salt, but I use Oceanic.

rbdesigns
11/19/2005, 11:47 PM
Which brand of salt is best? Tropic Marin? How does everyone rank it? I have used both oceanic and Instant Ocean, I never really test my water for anything but the salinity and ph. But evetything has been doing good using instant ocean, only problem I have had is sometimes it doesn't dissolve completely. It tested for phosphates once, but it turned out my powerhead was contanminating the water cuz I had a lot of decaying stuff stock inside of it.

laverda
11/20/2005, 01:45 AM
If you ask ten people which salt is best you will probably get ten answers. I did not like IO as it did not mix well and left a film on everything. The Oceanic is high in Calcium, which some people complain about?? I could not get my calcium up high enough when I used IO. IO is very popular, because it is usually the cheapest salt available. I find it much less expensive the spend a little mor for Oceanic then to dose when using IO. Their are people that thing Oceanic caused algae blooms in their tanks. Ihav had the exact oppisite experiance. I could not controll the hair alge when I used IO. I have no algae in my tank now.