PDA

View Full Version : Clownfish eating then spitting food out?

clord
11/19/2005, 10:19 AM
Hi my clownfish is not eating and spitting his food out. He is breathing fine from what I can see and he looks great except he eats and then spits his food right back out. I'm a newbie and would a fresh water dip be good just incase something is a matter with him. He doesn't look skinny (i dont see his bones) and he's swimming fine. I got him a week ago and all my water test come up good.

krajacich
11/19/2005, 10:30 AM
He may just be spitting out pieces of food that are too big to swallow. What kind of food (flake/frozen) and how big are the pieces?

clord
11/19/2005, 10:40 AM
I have tried flake food, frozen and cut up pellets. Even the very small stuff he spits out and the other clown thats the almost the same size eats with no problem.

BTTRFLYGRL
11/19/2005, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by krajacich
He may just be spitting out pieces of food that are too big to swallow. What kind of food (flake/frozen) and how big are the pieces?

This is my opinion as well...or maybe he just doesn't like it. I have 4 Clowns and I started them all off on Frozen Cycloopeeze and Frozen Dapnia. These are very small and perfect for Clowns. I have have a runt who still spits some of his food out, I just smash it up as small as I can. Cycloopeeze is a good food to feed all fish

clord
11/19/2005, 11:14 AM
Ok I'm going to fish store now to buy some other things that Kim mentioned I just want to see him eat something. He's a great little guy. I let you know when i get back.

clord
11/19/2005, 05:53 PM
The store didn't have any cyclopeeze but they had some Dapnia and he eats some from what I can see. Thanks for saving my fish KIMHARDIE!!!!!

BTTRFLYGRL
11/19/2005, 06:49 PM
Hey, glad to help!;)
If you can't find the Cycloopeeze at any lfs near you, you can order it from Liveaquaria.com or Premiumaquatics. Unfortunately they charge 20.00$ to deliver it because its frozen. The 20.$ is for all the frozen food you order that day so if you buy a lot of frozen food its not so bad..good luck with your Clowns