PDA

View Full Version : sump

huladaman
11/19/2005, 12:52 AM
I just created a new sump yesterday in the hope of eliminating the plethora of microbubbles in my tank. I Installed a baffle system in a 29 gallon aquarium. It doesnt appear to have any bubbles going into the last chamber that has the return pump... but when you get up to the tank... There you go, tons of bubbles. So Ive narrowed it down to my return plumbing. I have about 3 feet of flexible tubing running into a 10 inch section of 1.25" pvc, the 1 90 degree bend, 2 inches of 1.25" pvc, another 90 degree bend, a 4 inch section of 1.25" pvc, and then 1 last 90 degree elbow. Is there another way to construct a return to hopefully eliminate theses bubbles? Is there a way to hopefully bleed the air out of the top of the return? Any imput would be greatly appreciated!

BruiseAndy
11/19/2005, 01:19 AM
Does your return pump sound like its full of pebbles?

xtrstangx
11/19/2005, 01:21 AM
Check all your joints and make sure they are all water tight, otherwise you might have created a little venturi.

huladaman
11/19/2005, 02:35 AM
return sounds fine... its a mag 5 only about 4 months old. I have all the pvc glued together... so ill have to try something. Thanks guys