PDA

View Full Version : help with my G2

bryang6286
11/18/2005, 12:28 PM
i have a g2 and get great bubbles but i never get foam and the bubbles never look dirty as i imagined them to. i get a little skimmate every day but have a light bioload. I have never been able to get anything other then tea colored skimmate and a little of it. my tank is a little yellow so i hoped the g2 would clean it up but so far it has only moderated the yellow. I am starting to think that my g2 only works after i feed the fish. any help would be greatly appreciated

blmeier7
11/18/2005, 12:41 PM
How long has your skimmer been setup? There is usually a break-in period before you start getting a lot of skimmate. What is the tank size and bioload? I have a 55g with a light bioload and I empty my G2 skimmer cup every 4 days or so (it usually only has about 1" of skimmate). The skimmer should take care of yellow water for the most part. I also use carbon for several days once a month to get any yellow out of my water.

bryang6286
11/18/2005, 12:46 PM
my skimmer has been set up for about 3 weeks, it pulls out about the same as yours except my skimmate is tea colored (i dont know what color yours is). I just expected more than that especially when my water is still yellow.

blmeier7
11/18/2005, 02:23 PM
My skimmate is usually a darker green color. have you tried raising the height of the water level? I keep the water level right in the middle of the collection cup. You might also try cleaning the collection cup and wiping it out really good if you haven't already done so. I have noticed I get a lot better foam production when the skimmer cup has just been cleaned. Hope this helps.

bryang6286
11/18/2005, 03:03 PM
that does help