PDA

View Full Version : Yellow Tang FS/FT in long beach

drnkjunglist
11/17/2005, 05:34 AM
Hes about 2-3 Inches ,

http://junglist.la/cube/DSC00032.jpg

that is a picture of him , hes very healthy , a weird tang though he loves to eat brine shrimp and he does eat algae of the glass as well but he loves brine shrimp even more than nori . Reason Im getting rid of him is he is getting a bit to big for my tank and im not ready to upgrade yet. Ill sell him for 20 dollars cash, or trade for some zoo's or any sps frags (monti would be nice)

im pretty sure I can catch him since he likes to eat out of a jar that I put in the tank to catch crabs so Ill just trap him when he goes in there. PM me

jrcastro
11/17/2005, 01:31 PM
You got a PM,

Jay R

bottomsup
11/20/2005, 03:17 PM
DO you want to trade for a Purple tip Tri Color Frag. I am also in Long Beach. Let me know.

Irvine Man
11/25/2005, 09:35 PM
Still avaible?? How big a tank is he in now??

firerock
11/26/2005, 06:28 AM
Originally posted by drnkjunglist
Hes about 2-3 Inches ,

that is a picture of him , hes very healthy , a weird tang though he loves to eat brine shrimp and he does eat algae of the glass as well but he loves brine shrimp even more than nori .

Glad to see another tang that prefers meat over algae and nori.

I thought there's something wrong with my purple tang. He will literally FIGHT with the turkey baster for brain shrimp, mysis shrimp, even cyclop-eeze, the very last thing he is interested is the algae on the rocks. When I first got him, he was glazing over the rocks constantly like a regular tang, once I started feeding the meaty food, he just turned from a "monk" to a "monster". I had to stop feeding all the fish in order to get him to eat nori.

I thought it was weird, but I guess it is quite common. :rolleyes: