PDA

View Full Version : CL super skimmer 220-not bubbling

sew
11/16/2005, 03:52 PM
Hello,

I have had a CLSS 220 on a 180 in a sump for a week or so, I have not yet been able to make it bubble. It runs really well, other than not bubbling. When I blow into the air tube, it looks great w/ bubbles but of course it stops. I have spoken with coralife and they only give me the back pressure run around and I still can't make it work. A friend told me that there was a step by step guide on how to fix this problem somewhere on the website. Could anyone tell me how to fix it or direct me to where the solution is posted. Thank you so much

scuglass
11/16/2005, 04:28 PM
this happened on mine if u are using it in the sump lift it up some and put some sort of stand under it. this will fix it it has something to do with pressure i believe. or if u dont have room like me u can just add an air pump to it and that extra pressure gets the bubbles to start. hope this helps

00nothing
11/16/2005, 05:16 PM
u have the pump submerged to far under water u probably followed the directions which states the pump should be 8 inches when in fact it should be a few inches below the surface at most jsut shorten the hose on the pump

sew
11/18/2005, 05:53 PM
I have cut the hose to 3" between the pump and the skimmer and it is still not bubbling. After doing this I blew into the air tubing and a lot of the air went out of the intake to the pump, some of it did go into the skimmer but this concerned me a bit. Any extra suggestions please?

sew
11/18/2005, 06:29 PM
Oh okay figured it out with the help of Coralife- the aspirator (air intake) must be seated perfectly into the pump so that the ribs match in order to make it bubble like gang busters. Yaaaaaaaaay!!!