PDA

View Full Version : Review my plans/invitation for constructive criticism, Please!

jason_rohr
11/16/2005, 02:39 PM
Diagram attached
So, I've been watching a LOT of Threads and this is what I've come up with for a simple 46 gal bowfront reef, ready for sps.

Would anyone review these plans and tell me if they see some weak points? I'm sure there are some, but would like to find out as/before I'm putting it together.

The system is based on an overflow that is going to function as a mini in tank sump, mag pump in the overflow, T'd out puts pushing water through a SCWD to loc-line outputs on opposing sides of the overflow. The other side of the T will send water to the Remora skimmer.
I want to do the intank sump/overflow as a place to hide all my stuff, heater, topoff/float sensor/whatever else.

My Questions are :

1. What size mag to use, (the SCWD will eat some flow) to power the WHOLE thing, I'm thinking the MAG 9.5 right now.
2. Do I use a Remora or Remora Pro on this size?
3. Its a 46 gal bow front, should I put the skimmer box inthe middle, or off in a corner?

Again, this is what I came up with after looking through a lot of thread, any input/criticism would be greatly appreciated

lemonhead
11/16/2005, 02:49 PM
i would be worried about heat

jason_rohr
11/16/2005, 07:53 PM
I'm goiing to run a dedicated fan duct to the bulb and keep it about 7" from the tank surface.

Thanks
J