PDA

View Full Version : mrc standard nilsen reactor setup

saurus
11/16/2005, 12:11 AM
Can someone explain how to setup/intall this nilsen reactor I purchased from a fellow RC member. It is the standard size nilsen reactor made by MRC. I checked their website and their faq is informative but I have a few more questions. I did add 3 cups of Mrs. Wages Lime and filled up the container with ro. I have a auto topoff 2 float switch setup for high (emergency fill shut off) and low (to control evaporation) controlled by 2 granger flow switches which allow flow of the ro according to the level of the water in the sump. Should the stirrer be on 24/7 or just when the kalk settles? I have had it stirring for about 24 hours straight and what comes out measures at about 11.5-12.1ph. I do run a fan 24/7 and I really haven't measured the evaporation rate. The system is a total of 350 gallons. Is it ok just to keep the kalk stirring 24/7 and let it fill when necessary? Or do I need to have the stirr on a timer? I have a aquacontroller which I think can be programmed to accomidate multiple on/offs. Any help will be appreciated.

Clint