PDA

View Full Version : Overflow box

drowningdreamer
11/15/2005, 11:35 PM
All i've been able to find are the CPR and E-Sump style overflow boxes. CPR was one of the ones i was gonna get. And from what i've read here the CPR sucks.

I've discovered the Lifereef series of boxes and they look good but slightly pricey.

I was wondering if there are other brands and what websites i could find them at.

Thanks

sjm817
11/15/2005, 11:53 PM
You are correct about the CPR. Stay away. Lifereef s nice, but as you said, maybe a bit pricy, but so are the CPR boxes. Amiracle U Tube overflows are really nice, but hard to find lately. People seem to have had good luck with the Hurricane QuietFlo units.

Ebisan
11/16/2005, 01:02 AM
I got the Quietflo 600. I also modded it with a Stockman pipe. Works great out of the box and even better with the mod.

bdamon
11/16/2005, 09:19 AM
Can you give us some more info on the mod and where to get a Stockman pipe?

drowningdreamer
11/16/2005, 07:53 PM
Checked out the HurricaneFilters website but their overflows don't look as impressive as the Lifereef overflows visual opinion. The quietflo's do have a rear cover which is nice. But the life reef for the 1400gph ver. has a black full inner box. The Quietflo 1200gph ver. is just two 600's placed together with a bracket.

Its hard to decide cause the Quietflo price can't be beat. But visually and design wise the Lifereef looks solid and uses a black inner box which i like.

Both can be used with stockman stand pipes which means there must be gargling flushing on some peoples boxes. Also another added overall cost.

Which to get which to get...?

sjm817
11/16/2005, 08:45 PM
The Black box is nice. I run a black (smoke) Amiracle. The inner and outer boxes are smoke color and they also have a lid. I don't see a need for a double, 600 GPH is plenty for Display->sump flow.