PDA

View Full Version : Recommended light cycle

waywaywest
11/15/2005, 08:44 PM
Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions for the timing of a light cycle. I have the following lighting and livestock:

Two 150 W 10,000K MH
Two 96 W Actinic
Three moon lights

One Duphyllia Ancora (Hammer Coral), one Lobophyllia (brain coral), one Sebae anemone and a mushroom leather coral.

I have been running the actinics for twelve hours with six hours of MH in the middle. I was told at my LFS to increase the MH and so moved them up to ten hours.

Does that sound right given the corals and anemone on my 70-gallon reef?

Thanks,
Rob

dots
11/15/2005, 09:25 PM
Sounds like the setup I have which is the 48" Coralife lights over a 75. It depends on how far above your lights are above the water, and what you have in it to determine the "right" light cycle. Currently I am burning everything that is under mine, at about 4" above the water with the factory legs it comes with. If this is your set up as well, I have reduced mine to 3hrs with the MH and 11 hours with the 2 x 96 watt pc actinics. The SPS forum seems to have reduced there halides to this also. Work in progress. Good Luck

waywaywest
11/15/2005, 09:34 PM
You're bang-on, sacramentodots, it's the 48" Coralife, set up like yours is, on the legs. Wow, only 3 hours hey? That's kind of a drag becaouse the tank looks best when the halides are on, which I never get to see except on the weekends when I'm not at work!
Thanks for your input. I think I'll re-post it on the SPS forum as well just in case!