PDA

View Full Version : Sequence Dart attach to OM Super Squirt??

Shouse94
11/14/2005, 12:30 PM
I'm trying to find a good CL pump for my OM super squirt
on my 75g. The OM squirt has 1" inlets and outlets while the Dart
has 1.5" inlets and outlets. What effect would this have on the flow of the dart? Not a good idea? If not, what might be a good alternative?
thanks

bond007069
11/14/2005, 12:32 PM
a squrt is not made for a Dart. I think ask Paul at OM first

I have a Dart to an OM 4 way, 1.5 inch in/1inch out

Highlander
11/14/2005, 12:35 PM
I run a Blueline MD 70 through a Supersquirt.
You need to run the cylinder with two outputs open at a time, in order not to overcome the magnetic drive with too much back pressure.

I'd think that a Dart would be too much flow for the SS.

Shouse94
11/14/2005, 12:49 PM
I'm looking for approximately 1700gph w/ 3' head pressure.
Suggestions on what's the best pump???
thanks

Herbert T. Kornfeld
11/14/2005, 12:57 PM
The inlet on the SS is 1.5", and the outlets are 1". The dart is 1/5" at the outlet, and its very important to not restrict this or you will cut down the flow quickly (or, you can do this on purpose and it can even lower the pump's electrical consumption. If you see the power curve you will notice this as well, and according to Sequence, because of the hubbel design of this pump, you can cut this pump back as far as you want and it will only slow down the impeller, lower the electricity, and not damage the pump in any way).
So its up to you...but I would make sure to use a dual-opposed outlet setup on the SS to make the dart isnt restricted...two 1" outets would be the minimum.

A better choice for now, as well as flexibility down the road might be the 4-way for, what, $100 more? That can come with 1.5" inlet and outlets so you can run any drum you want.

Highlander
11/14/2005, 01:02 PM
Sorry, but the I/O on the SS is 1 inch all round, check the OM site.
http://www.oceansmotions.com/supersquirt.htm

In my experience, it will not handle the flow from the Dart even with the dual open outlets.
The HD 70 runs 1800 GPH, and in my experience, is about as much flow as the SS can handle.

Shouse94
11/14/2005, 01:03 PM
I've already bought the SuperSquirt unfortunately.
According to their site, it's only 1" inlet too, not 1.5"
I believe i have version 2, which is the dual output delayed sequence,
(1&2)(2&3)(3&4)(4&1)
So so facts are incorrect at this point.
Man i'd love it if my information was wrong cuz i'd love a dart right now.

Highlander
11/14/2005, 01:05 PM
You can always T the extra flow out from before the OM SS, and have a steady flow as a fifth return.

Herbert T. Kornfeld
11/14/2005, 02:23 PM
Oops, my bad. I think you can get it custom with a 1.5"...I know Ive seen it somewhere...

Shouse94
11/14/2005, 02:59 PM
T'ing off the extra flow isn't a problem if that's the ONLY problem.
I'm more concerned that reducing the pumps flow from 1.5"
piping to 1" piping when it enters the squirt reducing so much
flow that it won't be worth it and isn't the right pump for me.
Can someone make it more clear how much flow you'd think i'd
receive if i used a Dart with 3ft head pressure entering
1" pipings of the supersquirt and doing 2 channel flow.???

ONEMANBAND
11/14/2005, 03:03 PM
my dart is reduced from 1.5inch to 4 1inch returns on my closed loop, the pressure is nice.. I think as long as you have some kind of relief T to a ball valve you would be able to adjust the flow and use the OM up to its full potential.

plaz
11/29/2005, 09:08 AM
I am thinking of getting a supersquirt to attach to a Blueline 70 on a closed loop. I need to make sure it is silent first (the tank is right beside my desk). Can the owners fill me in on any noise they make?
Thanks in advance!

RichConley
11/29/2005, 12:37 PM
A single 1.5" return is 2.25 times the size of a 1" return. You could T/Y it off to two OM SSs and you still would be choking back this pump a little.

Silencer
11/29/2005, 07:06 PM
You can always T the extra flow out from before the OM SS, and have a steady flow as a fifth return.

I agree, just make sure you put a valve on the steady line so you can adjust things.

I'm more concerned that reducing the pumps flow from 1.5"
piping to 1" piping when it enters the squirt reducing so much
flow that it won't be worth it and isn't the right pump for me.
Can someone make it more clear how much flow you'd think i'd
receive if i used a Dart with 3ft head pressure entering
1" pipings of the supersquirt and doing 2 channel flow.???

Trying to force all of the flow through the Super Squirt won't work too well but IMO you'll be fine if you can T it off for a 5th steady line or even just put a valve on the outlet to reduce the flow. This is actually done quite often and is one of the more popular pumps to use with the Super Squirt.

Personally I run two standard Super Squirts using 1.25" returns off an unrestricted Dart for my closed loop and it works great.