PDA

View Full Version : Panworld 200 ps or Dart for 180g

teog
11/14/2005, 11:08 AM
This is a what would you do type of thread.

Ive finaly decided to get rid of my mag 18 for my FOWLR 180g and get an external pump. Ive been torn between these two pumps. In addtion to runing this pump as a return, I also plan on running a down draft skimmer from this pump. I know I will need a ball valve my plumbing for these for my application.

I know both pumps will work for my application, however each pump has its up and down side. I hear the panworlds are great just loud. I havent seen or read any other issues other than sound.

I hear the dart is great and extremely silent but doing research I see clicking, leaking, and not turning over issues reported. I think this may be a production/quality issue though, due to them being popular lately. JMO from reading threads.

I bought the panworld and plumbed it this past weekend. I find its not too loud, just a background humming sound( the tank is in my living room). Its not too bothersome in my oppinion, but you can hear it. But it does the job well.

My dileama is this,
Should I buy the dart because its silent and risk getting one of the ones that click, leak and not turn over?

Or should I keep the panworld and adapt to the humming sound?

Do you feel one pump is better than the other for my application? Why?

Thanks for the help

teog
11/14/2005, 07:09 PM
Anyone??? Bueller, Bueller. lol

charley75
11/14/2005, 08:04 PM
I've only seen one Dart running in person, but it kicked a@#! A friend of mine has one running his prop tanks....(3) 40 gal tanks with a squid on each one. His is also dead silent and for the money I think the Dart is near impossible to beat.....JMO.
Charley

elephen
11/14/2005, 08:20 PM
I have a Pan World 150 PS and it is silent. Although I am looking to get a Dart for the closed loop. I paid $180 for my Pan World. I use it to run my Precision Marine Bullet 2 skimmer.

spazz
11/15/2005, 04:23 AM
i think you need to do some more reasearch on the dart pumps. they have an excelent track record and have the highest gallons per wat rating of any pump around. i own 2 darts and plan on getting a 3rd one. i love them and wouldnt ever go back to my pan world. i also have 2 iswaki pumps and think there loud and over rated. plus the customer service at mdm sequence is second to none! they have a 3 yr warranty that they stand by 110% if for any reason you have a problem with your pump they will fix it fast. i have heard of over night shipments of parts or replacement pumps being sent when a problem arose. i sleap alot better knowing my pumps have that great of a warranty.

teog
11/15/2005, 08:18 AM
Thank you everyone for your help, all information is appreciated.

IQUOTE]i think you need to do some more reasearch on the dart pumps.[/QUOTE]

I have researched both pumps on RC until im blue in the face.lol I think Im going to go ahead and order the dart and hope that I dont have any issues that others have reported her on RC.

Thanks

elephen
11/15/2005, 10:21 AM
Let us know how it works out. I will be ordering a Dart for a CL soon also and interested to see. Everybody I have spoke with has said if something goes wrong, they will take care of you 110% which says something in this day and age.

meijino
11/15/2005, 10:35 AM
You need to get the dart with the black casing the clear one had the problems people speak of