PDA

View Full Version : Lots of Stuff has to GO!!!

StashuDave
03/12/2002, 08:35 PM
O.K. guys, I am probably moving over the summer so I'm trying to weed out anything useful that you guys can use. There's a lot here and at the end are a couple of thing I could use.

Custom Sea Life 250 Watt retro. Ballast is like 2 yrs old, Reflector and socket are brand new (still has plastic covering on reflector),also 3 different 10K coralife bulbs (6mths to 1yr used)
Looking to get $125

Spartan EYE ballast and socket, no on /off switch need timer , includes 2 Iwaski 65K bulbs (both 6mths old) Hoping for $75

Custom Sea Life 2x 96Watt PC tar Ballast retro with waterproof endcaps and clips to hold bulbs(no reflector, no bulbs) $90

Red Sea Berlin XL skimmer $75

CPR SR6 with Rio2100RVT $145

PFO 2x 400Watt HQI ballast (new in box) $250

Reef Filler dosing pump Model 1000-1 $80

6ft VHO Bulbs 1 Actinic SOLD

6ft VHO 50/50 (NEW)$25

4ft VHO 50/50 (New)3 of em $20ea

IceCap 660 with 4 sets of IceCap VHO Endcaps (NEW) $160

Used IceCap 660 with 4 sets of German Endcaps SOLD

2 PC bulbs 55Watt, 1 6700K, 1 Actinic (used) have .... 4 pin in a row configuration like Perfecto SHO lights $10both

5gal+ bucket of Bio Balls $5

Little Giant 4-MDQ Kinda Rusty but works fine $40

Little Giant 3-MDQ Kinda Rusty but works fine $40

Little Giant 2-MDQ Great Condition $55

5gal buckets of Aragonite gravel 4 of em $5ea

100gal acrylic sump 4ft by 2 ft with 1 bulkhead SOLD

Sea Reef Acrylic sump approx 2ft x 1ft x 1ft with bulkhead and bioballs or bio bale if you want it $30

Emperor 280 BioWheel $15

I'm looking for 1 4ft VHO Actinic Bulb, any Blueline Ballasts, newer 175 watt bulbs and possibly any other hardgoods you may have. Unfortunately I'm not interested in any Frags since I'll be moving soon anyway but keep me in mind for when I get settled.

Again I'll consider almost any offer since it'll save me from carting it around and I figured posting it here I could meet up with people so I don't have to ship. I'm also semi computer literate so I can E-mail pictures of anything considering there is a bunch of used stuff.
Thanks,
Dave

ReeferMac
03/13/2002, 06:48 AM
Wow Man, that's a lot of stuff! Wish I was in the market for some of it.

Maybe when I get back from my trip if there's still some left (and I have any $$$ left).. When are you moving? Where to (just somewhere else around town?)

- Mac

drtango
03/13/2002, 08:05 AM
I'd be interested in both of the acrylic sumps--I'm in clarence. Please respond here as my email is funny lately.

JT

dmorel
03/13/2002, 08:49 AM
Dave,
I would be interested in one of the 660's and end caps,
the 2x450 pfo and possibly the dosing pump.

Add these to my existing lights and boom a 180+ is ready to go!

I have a pair of 4' VHO actinics that I am not using, they were used for less then a month 10 hours a day, if that will fill your needs.

Send me an email or PM.
I'm in Rochester and not likely to head up to buffalo until
Keith's meeting, but if you're not in any rush that would be a great time.

thanks,
-dm

ReeferMac
03/13/2002, 09:12 AM
Dave and Dave,

I'll be in the Buffalo neighborhood on Saturday, and have a little time that's flexible. I could act as courier for you guys if you're anxious.

DaveM - You going to be able to make it Sunday (St. Patty's)?

- Mac

dmorel
03/13/2002, 10:51 AM
Sadly I can't make it Sunday, I really wanted to, but my dad is coming to town this weekend, and he only makes it once or twice a year.

Thanks for the offer on picking the stuff up.
I myself am in no hurry, just going to stockpile the stuff, trying to get ready for the move to a big tank once we figure out where we are going to live, but if Dave needs to unload it fast on his end, I certainly don't mind.

-dm

StashuDave
03/13/2002, 02:36 PM
Thanks for all the responses guys. I'll update the original post when I consider something sold. I'm not in a hurry to get rid of anything I'd just like to make sure it's really sold.

Mac- I'm actually not sure where I'm going, I'm waiting for my wife to get hired as an Elementary Teacher and since that's a tough job to get around here weve prepared ourselves to relocate. Probably to somewhere in the Carolinas. Thanks for the courier offer, hopefully I can work thins out without having to trouble you.

dmorel- that Actinic bulb sounds like exactly what I was looking for, I'd like to work something out for the items you wanted and we could trade at Keiths on the 30th

drtango- the large sump is spoken for, I'll try to post a picture of the SeaReef one here tonight

dmorel
03/13/2002, 02:41 PM
Consider that stuff I was interested in sold too (if you don't mind) I will bring the bulb(s) up to keiths.
We can work out the details between now and then.

_ShotgunShrimp_
03/14/2002, 12:37 AM
What grain size is that sand??? im going to switch to my 180 soon (120 will be forsale) just wondering if thats the right size sand to help my sandbed get big enough :)

_ShotgunShrimp_
03/14/2002, 12:39 AM
man id be wanting that 400 ballast but i just dont have the scratch :( UGHHHHHHHHHH... no trades worth considering really either UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :) oh well

dmorel
03/14/2002, 07:02 AM
Reading Shotguns post makes me realize I said 2x450, I of course meant 2x400 :)
(sorry tim)

Dave,
I also have 4 used ushio 10K 175w. bulbs.
2 of them I never even fired, so I don't know how old they are, and the other two still had decent color, but I got them used as well, so I can't speak to their age either, though it is likely they are over 6 months old themselves.

Anyway, not sure what you would be using them for, but if its for a refugium or something, these would be great, for the main tank? Well let's say I ordered some new, but I am certainly willing to add them to the mix.
-dm

ReeferMac
03/14/2002, 07:14 AM
Dave,

I'd be happy to take one or both of those used 10K's off your hands. We can work out a trade for the food or something if you want.

- Mac

dmorel
03/14/2002, 08:56 AM
I thought these were your old bulbs!?
Hmmm, maybe they were playfairs, they came from brad...
Anyway I have four, two supposedly newer then the others.
I presume you want them for your refugium in which case they should have plenty of useful life for you.

Be glad to trade you for some food.

-dm

ReeferMac
03/14/2002, 12:39 PM
Hehe, close... Brad's the reason I need to get those new bulbs :-)
Dave used to be generous because we swapped so many frags, sand, and other reef related things... He used to give me his old bulbs free. Then Brad had to go and offer him money for his old one's, and I lost my free bulbs (Yes, I am a cheapskate :D ). I did get one last, gesture of kindness from Dave, he gave me his old 5500K bulb for a song, and I've been running that ever since :-)
You're right about the refugium.. sucker's will run for a year before I worry about them shifting. It was nice having a 10K bulb in there however, because I would occasionally grow out frags in there, and the color temp was more conducive to having nicer frags. Haven't tried growing any out under the 5500K lamp.. wouldn't even want to think about it.
Didn't seem to impact the algae much however. If anything I'd say it's growing faster on the lower temp bulb. Oh well, I need my frag room, and the price is right.

- Mac

Guy
03/14/2002, 04:01 PM
Hey Dave (Stashu),

Could you e-mail directions to your house and let me know if 5:30ish would be a good time to swing by (any evening) and pick up that used Icecap. If the 6' actinic bulb isn't taken I'll buy that from you too. $25.00 is an excellent price. If you have someone that wants the 4 3' VHO bulbs feel free to give them away... I can't think of anything I can use them for.

Guy

StashuDave
03/14/2002, 10:59 PM
Here's a pic of the sump for sale:
The Dimensions are: 24.5" long x 14" x 14" Acrylic not including Bulkhead

StashuDave
03/14/2002, 11:11 PM
Pic of Dosing Pump:
It's a Reef-Filler model 1000-1, max of 3gpd it's roughly 9" by 8" and you would need at least a 2ft hight to attach all the proper tubing.