PDA

View Full Version : Newsletter

BIG "G"
03/12/2002, 12:23 PM
Any interest in seting up our own on-line newsletter.

I used to produce Herp Beat (in print) back a few years ago for the Upstate Herp Society.

I would be willing to lead the way.

George

ReeferMac
03/12/2002, 04:44 PM
That one's up to you, I guess...
I certainly don't have any objections to it, however...

You might be the only one running with it. I took flak from folks about having a crummy web page up at our site (http://usr.myip.org in case you didn't know), and told everyone that anyone who wanted to send me the file's, I would be happy to post 'em... (I got us the sub-domain name and am running the web server...) But nobody sent any files. I setup FTP services on my box, so that folks could upload/download w/o my intervention... and I got a few folks posting pics in their own directory's. Admittedly the FTP hasn't been the smoothest, but it worked for a while.
Dave Playfair finally got tired enough of seeing Homer, and wrote us up our current set of pages.
(I knew the mask and goggles would do the trick ;-)

I like the idea, and wouldn't even mind helping with some of the material... I can certainly give you the webspace (just getting the file's posted might be a hassle... I should just $^*#$ Pony up the dough and buy an ftp server program...) Just be prepared to run the whole show yourself in case that's what happens. Don't mean to sound like a wet blanket, it's just I've been down that road before.

Anyway, grouchy pessimism aside, what were you thinking about doing in the newsletter? I'm curious as to what kind of content you think we could pump out.

- Mac