PDA

View Full Version : Who sells H&S Skimmers?

kurty
11/06/2005, 03:24 AM
Who sells H&S skimmers? I want to check them out before I make my decision on euroreef.

drake66
11/06/2005, 03:51 AM
skip the decision, and get a euro :D

golfish
11/06/2005, 11:31 AM
ER suck, don't make that mistake :lol:

Check out Finsreef for the H&S

cozmo1
11/06/2005, 12:06 PM
why not check out a deltec?

s13silvia
11/06/2005, 12:21 PM
yup, talk to brian at finsreef, he'll answer any questions you have about the product

euroreef
11/06/2005, 05:02 PM
Kurty,

Good on ya for doing the research! :)

Please feel free to call me anytime at 949-770-9913 ext 17. I will be happy to answer any questions about our product. :)

-Jeff Macare
Euro-Reef, Inc. Vice President

DRC69
11/06/2005, 07:35 PM
And Aqua-C - My pick for skimmer. Talk to Jason (owner). Great customer service.
THX

golfish
11/06/2005, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by euroreef
Kurty,

Please feel free to call me anytime at 949-770-9913 ext 17. I will be happy to answer any questions about our product. :)

-Jeff Macare

Hey Jeff, what time can we call? is it like 1:30 too 1:32 pm or what..What's the number going to be next week?

Warning: put your boots on when you read post from ER..it gets pretty deep...God forbid you actully talk to a human there, you'll probably walk away owning a bridge:lol:

F35-Joint Strike Fighter
11/06/2005, 09:05 PM
Kurty,

-Jeff Macare

No doubt that your products always are top notch but could you have any special discount at least once a year especially X-mas or Thanksgiving coming up soon?

saurus
11/06/2005, 09:45 PM
All I can say is ER (Jeff) has gone out of its/his way to not only help with the product but make modifications and give great advice as a courtesy. I went to the factory to meet Jeff for a modifiacation. Jeff fell ill and had is father meet me for the mod. His father dropped whatever he was doing to help me instead of just trying to reschedule. I can't say that just any company would do that. A family run business may not be able to have a staff of fifty to answer a call but they do have great customer service and can give that extra attention to not only thier product but also thier customers. I just very much appreciate how they have helped me and my 12-2 is awesome. Thanks again Jeff and you will always have my support.

clint

euroreef
11/07/2005, 01:30 PM
For anyone (with the exception of "golfish" who only gets service between 1:30:55 PM and 1:31:30 PM BST-Bejing Stand Time- ), I am in the office most days between 9 am and 5 pm Pacific Standard Time. If I do not answer the call, please leave a message with a phone # and a good time to call and I will get back to you as soon as possible. :)

golfish.. I was up waiting for your call early this am... what gives!!?? I know the time difference is a drag. Shall I wait for your call tomorrow? LMK :)

-ER

euroreef
11/07/2005, 01:35 PM
F-18,

hmmmmmm a Reef Central Special Christmas Discount?? If you can get golfish off my back, I'll consider it... ;)

-ER

Old Yeller Tang
11/07/2005, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by cozmo1
why not check out a deltec?
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

:lol:

golfish
11/07/2005, 05:49 PM
golfish.. I was up waiting for your call early this am... what gives!!?? I know the time difference is a drag. Shall I wait for your call tomorrow? LMK :)

-ER

Jeff, I know things can get a little hard down there at the office but 1:30 pm is in the afternoon, not morning :rolleyes:

I'll get off your back when you stop the BS and give people the customer service they deserve, At the price we pay your CS should be 10X better.

There's no reason for all the BS people have to go through to get parts.

You pulled this same BS last week on another thread, posted a phone number and it got the guy nowhere.

F-18, don't count on getting any discount....

kurty
11/07/2005, 06:26 PM
Jeff,

I called and ask for you 5 times I got your voicemail 5 times, could not leave a message because I'm at work.

golfish
11/07/2005, 06:35 PM
Maybe Jeff should spend more time on customer service and less time following me around here.

Oh! Oh! Oh, I know, Kurty, call him at 1:30am, he'll be waiting for my call:lol:

gtrestoration
11/07/2005, 07:00 PM
Mark... nice of you to donate your time slot. :)

SteveU

gtrestoration
11/07/2005, 07:02 PM
F-18,

hmmmmmm a Reef Central Special Christmas Discount?? If you can get golfish off my back, I'll consider it... ;)

-ER

Mark... gotta give em credit... that's funny.

SteveU

golfish
11/07/2005, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by gtrestoration
Mark... nice of you to donate your time slot. :)

SteveU

its the least I can do, besides, do you really think Jeff would want to talk to me again. I don't think he would be able to see my eye rolling smiley face

golfish
11/07/2005, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by gtrestoration

Mark... gotta give em credit... that's funny.

SteveU

I'll go one better, if he gives the discount and improves customer service I'll get off his back.

But it was funny, kind of like me telling Ali (or any other reefer with a nice tank) "sure I'll hold your corals for you, they'll be fine in my tank"

euroreef
11/08/2005, 09:26 PM
Kurty,

I am very concerned that you left 5 voice mails and I did not get one of them. Are you sure you are getting extension 17? The voicemail should refer to the "dealer support dept". What day did you call? I checked them 5 x yesterday and at least that many times today. I was in the office today and yesterday with the exception of lunch yesterday and voting today. I hope this is not an indication of a problem with our voice mail system. Please send me an e-mail at er.tech@euro-reef.com and leave me a phone# and time to call you and I will be happy to do it. :)

euroreef
11/08/2005, 09:57 PM
golfish,

It was 1:30 pm Bejing Standard Time, that is early a.m. here in the states ;)

As far as BS to get parts, I freely admit that with our original policy it was not easy to get parts as quickly as one would have liked to. The truth is that at the rate we grew, we should have revised our policies sooner. We realized a bit late how frustrating it was for some folks to get what they needed in a timely manner. The best laid plans....

So we made changes:

Since March of this year, ALL PARTS have been available through ALL dealers.

Since June of this year, ALL PARTS have been available DIRECT to the hobbyist through our outlet website at www.h2otropicals.com.

For our customers that mailed in their product warranty registration, we offer a 50% discount on all proprietary parts (i.e., impellers, impeller kits, complete spare or replacement pumps, venturis etc.). All they have to do is set up an account and e-mail us with their regsitration info (serial# etc). They get discounts on all ER accessories!

As far as your personal experience is concerned, I am sad that it has remained such a point of bitterness for you. I know how hard it has been for me to put certain experiences behind me and move on. I am still dealing with DELL computers regarding a fiasco that started LAST OCTOBER!! They double billed me for ALOT of equipment and somehow STILL can't get our acccount adjusted. It is truly beyond comprehension how a company such as DELL cannot provide ONE individual to deal with a customer issue to it's reconciliation. Instead I have to re-live the whole crappy scenario everytime I call them because every new "customer CARE representative" needs to know what the "PROBLEM" is.

Believe me golfish, I KNOW WHAT GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE IS, AND WHAT IT IS NOT. We do our damndest to help folks out as quickly and efficiently as possible, and when a policy doesn't work, we fix it. Of course the hundreds of hobbyists we do help don't all jump on RC and tell about how happy they were with our service, it's the few that either can't be pleased, or somehow get lost in the system (not intnetionally of course) and feel disenfranchised that get on and rant about how much we suck.

So we will keep on doing our best and help those who we can and hope that the number of folks that we can't help, or somehow screw up with, as small as possible.

FWIW, I have an AP851 that I bought 6 months ago that came with a broken cup and a broken rear cover for the EHEIM 1260. I received the replacement cup 3 weeks ago and it is the wrong size (old style 850). I haven't been able to use the skimmer TO THIS DAY, nor have I heard from anyone over at Deltec recently, but you don't see me bashing Doug wherever someone asks about Deltec, do you? Doug is a nice guy and this has most likely been overlooked. I know *&^% happens and I am patient to work it out.

Life's to short to sweat the small stuff. :)

BTW, I like the idea offering a very special discount to all RC members this holiday season. I think I'll work on that... ;)

Peace-

-ER

gtrestoration
11/08/2005, 11:25 PM
Kurt... try a BK. :)
That's an ASM G3 collection cup sitting on top of the BK 300 collection bucket. :)
http://www.zeovit.com/photopost/data/517/96BK-ASMG3.JPG

SteveU

F35-Joint Strike Fighter
11/09/2005, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by golfish
F-18, don't count on getting any discount....

No discount, no problem! Plan B-ASM-G4 plus...

drake66
11/09/2005, 02:49 AM
damn that bubble king is sexy :rollface:

Old Yeller Tang
11/09/2005, 03:37 AM
Steve,

What's that BK doing in that sewage treatment plant!lol How the hell you convince the wifey you buying one of them! My wife would've served me papers already!:lol:

Roland

drake66
11/09/2005, 03:43 AM
haha damn straight!

drake66
11/09/2005, 03:45 AM
wait a minute, you live in the IE? I just realized that highland is in the SB area :o

golfish
11/09/2005, 07:03 AM
wake up Tony, who do you think taugh me how to remove Bryopsis.:lol:

gtrestoration
11/09/2005, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by Old Yeller Tang

How the hell you convince the wifey you buying one of them! My wife would've served me papers already!:lol:

Hell... I wouldn't believe myself if I told myself how much it cost. :lol:

I could have a room full of dancing girls in my fish room and she'd never see em. This thing is at my shop and it's been 6 months since she went in it, she comes into the office, just not my "dirty little secret room". :lol:

SteveU

kurty
11/09/2005, 11:11 AM
have you guys used this skimmer, it looks well built
http://cgi.ebay.com/ECO-PLUS-8-INCH-PROTEIN-SKIMMER-440-GALLON-FISH-OR-REEF_W0QQitemZ7724189350QQcategoryZ46313QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

grayfis1
11/09/2005, 06:25 PM
anybody?

Old Yeller Tang
11/10/2005, 01:25 AM
Looks like a good buy to me!

golfish
11/10/2005, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by kurty

Seems like a recirc ASM would be cheaper

tankslave
11/28/2005, 07:09 AM
No piece of plastic is worth 1K, IMO.

Old Yeller Tang
11/28/2005, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by kurty
http://cgi.ebay.com/ECO-PLUS-8-INCH-PROTEIN-SKIMMER-440-GALLON-FISH-OR-REEF_W0QQitemZ7724189350QQcategoryZ46313QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
So did anybody buy this skimmer? Never heard of Eco Plus but for $400, not a bad deal for a recirc-skimmer.

The ASM G-4 would be equivalent at a $350 price tag but it's not a recirc-skimmer and it's not made of cast acrylic. I don't think ASM's makes recirc skimmers. Also, the Eco Plus comes with a much stronger pump as well. Who the hell makes Eco Plus though!:D

Old Yeller Tang
11/28/2005, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by tankslave
No piece of plastic is worth 1K, IMO.
Nothing in this hobby is worth the price they're going for!:mad2:
Unfortunately, unless we build it ourselves, we're S.O.L.!

tankslave
11/28/2005, 05:38 PM
haha, yea. hence I now have a garage full of tools and a MS degree in acrylic work..