PDA

View Full Version : Horrible service from GARF!

akareefkeeper
11/05/2005, 11:53 PM
I wanted to post my experience after all. At first I thought this was an isolated incided but spoke to others who had the same and worse stories to tell me. I'm rather angry after all that.
I picked up some sps frags from Garf a few days back. They arrived in a box that was way to big and nothing was used to keep the bags from moving inside. There was 2 sps plugs per bag rubber banded to a chunk styrofoam. Yes 2 per bag! They were smashed to pieces and there was no encrusting to hold them to the plugs, just about 2 tubes of glue per plug. Only 3 frags stayed on the plugs and were badly banged up too.
I called garf, they told me to keep them high in the tank and they would be o.k. When I saw they were getting whiter I got some pictures posted and helpfull advise from the people here. Now about 4 of those 7 corals are improving. 2 are definitly lost. I have a nice green apearing on one but all I pulled from the bags were shards and brown smashed corals. Pictures are posted in my gallery of the ones that remained in tact on the plugs.
After years of looking up to Garf and what they were doing, I will never ever recommend them again or buy anything from them. I can not believe they were so careless after all they preach.
The frags might have been nice when they left garf but whoever bagged them had no clue how to package them so they would get there in one piece! They never offered to replace my damaged corals...they just gave me poor advise that if I had followed, I'd be growing zoas on the remains.
I've had corals get trapped in the 9/11 lockdown for 3 days and 2 of the 6 bags actually surived because the person packaged them so well. Maybe I should look him up and send him to Idaho to visit garf.

bond007069
11/05/2005, 11:56 PM
man that sucks,

what kinda corals did you get?

akareefkeeper
11/06/2005, 12:02 AM
Yes it does. But I got some incredible zoanthids from a different place the next day so I wasn't bummed too long.
I got some SPS plus. I actually ordered the half/half deal but got just sps.
I'm going to get ahold of a good camera and take some shots in macro mode to get some better pictures up of the ones that are imporving. I'm sure someone here will be able to identify them. The one greenish one was a tiny white shard in the bag. For some reason that one showed improvement before any.

akareefkeeper
11/06/2005, 12:21 AM
http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/500/78464frags4.jpg

The one on the left is showing some polyp extension each day and they are now getting darker. The one one the right has not changed color and has no polyp extension as of yet. The pieces that broke off seem to be doing best.

Psionicdragon
11/06/2005, 03:35 PM
Did you ask for a refund or if they refused, contact your credit card company?

forensicdoc
11/06/2005, 05:19 PM
Sorry to hear that about GARF. I had used them several times without any issues, but the last time was probably about a year ago. Is anyone aware of any changes there? Thanks for the update.