PDA

View Full Version : Nov Reef club BBGQ

bgdiving
11/05/2005, 03:55 PM
Want to remind everyone I will be stoking up the smoker with a bunch of ribs and grilling up some hot dogs Next Sat. Nov 12 at 2pm, for the combined reef clubs fall BBQ. Friends and family are welcome, please bring a dish to pass or BBQ type munchies or deserts.

There will be an auction so bring any corals you may wish to sell.

Program will be a tour of my little coral farm and a BBQ hopefully I'll have all the coralline algae chised off the front glass of all my tanks, it's the only time of the year that I try to get all front glass coraline free on all of the tanks at one time.

I belileve Scott will be sending out direction in an Email.

Brian Greene
201 Sunset Dr.
Nokomis, FL 34275

Hope to see everybody Sat. :)

multi striped 12
11/05/2005, 08:42 PM
Brian
In between your scraping let me know if you want my nepthia

Jim

bgdiving
11/05/2005, 10:11 PM
Jim, thanks I'd like the nepthea, I just (30 minites ago) Brought part of my new system on line, so I have another 300 gallons capacity so I'll have room now for that mosnster of a nethea you have. Bring him to the BBQ if you can. I doubt I can get away before the BBQ, now that I have the new system up and running (with a lot of Nathens help, THANKS NATHEN!) I need to chisel coraline off the old systems and then try to clear a path so I can fit some people in my coral farm (formerly known as a 2 car garage).

myakkareef
11/06/2005, 08:09 PM
Thanks Brian, I have sent out a email to all the Acros members. Looking forward to seeing everyone....

multi striped 12
11/06/2005, 10:12 PM
Ok Brian I will have to get it to you in the am or another day..
I was reminded that we have a wedding to attend....

I'll give you a call to discuss

coyoteseven
11/06/2005, 11:45 PM
As much as I would love to come, I'm afraid I have to work that weekend... and I was looking forward to the auction, too. :(

Bugs825
11/09/2005, 02:07 AM
Hey Brian,

You are more than welcome! I am dreaming up ideas for the 170.:D I can help some this week to get things ready and would love to take some of the coraline scrapings off your hands for the new prop tanks. I know that you are in the office a bunch but give me a call. I have to work 13 days straight and am going on vacation at the end of the month, but I can soot over durring the day.

Nathan

bgdiving
11/09/2005, 02:42 AM
Nathan, I'm in the office till about 6 Wed but will be chiselling coraline on Thursday, plan on coming over on Thursday we'll get you plenty of Coralin, maybe we should bag a few bags of coraline for the BBQ incase anyone else wants some. I put 450 pounds of silica sand and water in the new (new to me, but very used) 8 ft tank on Sat. added 10 cups of live sand to the tank and tossed a couple of live rocks in the sump on Sunday, The systems running good (THANKS!for helping to get it pumbed in and going) so I started moving corals over to it today. If you feel like doing some wiring I'd like to get some light on those new segmented tanks I've got all the leeks under control and as long as I cut the flow back I'm no longer over flowing the bottom end compartment. :eek1:

cuncator
11/10/2005, 08:57 AM
I could use a little coraline to help seed a tank if you could spare some.

TIA,
Henry