PDA

View Full Version : calcium reactor, ph, and alk.

83ironhead
11/05/2005, 08:56 AM
I just started running a calcium reactor, and was wondering what the best way is to keep ph and alk. levels where they should be.

TomRep
11/05/2005, 09:49 AM
I'm not 100% sure but I believe your alk levels will rise with your calcium levels with a calcium reactor. Also, us a Ph controller to limit your Ph from dropping too much.
Tom

Lunchbucket
11/05/2005, 09:56 AM
go to JB NY's webstie (click here) and look on the right hand side of the man page for a link called calcium reactor primer. GREAT infor that will answer a lot of ?'s (http://www.cnidarianreef.com/)

easiest way IN the ca reactor to keep your pH is to use a pH controller. it will shut off yoru CO2 when it hits a certain level (lowering) and will turn it on when i rises above that. as far as the tank...i've never had a problem w/ the pH lowering as long as i have some fresh air coming into the room w/ my tank.

it will take you a while to "dial" your reactor in. if you do it correctly you will balance how much your tank uses/day to how much your reactor supplies/day. that is how you keep you alk steady .

what reactor do you have? co2 equipment? what media? what are you running the pH in your reactor at?

thanks
Lunchbucket