PDA

View Full Version : 80gal stocking

Tyler lindberg
11/02/2005, 07:55 PM
I've had my tank set up for about 3years I currently have

2 clowns
1 saddle puffer
1 yellow coris wrasse

I'm going to be adding a 50gal fuge and upgrading my skimmer to an ASMG3. I have three groups of fish that I'm considering let me know what group you like the best/best for my tank.

1) leapord wrasse, mandrin and pinkspot watchman(this is my fav. but I'm not sure if I could supply all the pods that are needed)

2) leapord wrasse, tailspot blenny and pinkspot watchman.

3) cerub angle, mandrin and pinkspot watchman.

:rollface:

CrazyLionfish
11/02/2005, 08:48 PM
Well, out of your options I'd pick #2. But personally I'd choose the cherub angel, tailspot blenny, and pinkspot watchman.

LTJGAlex
11/03/2005, 10:24 AM
In 80g you could easily have all of those, just keeping in mind that mandarins need lots of pods...which you may well have if your tank is 3yo.

Tyler lindberg
11/03/2005, 12:31 PM
well if I go with group #1 do you think the leopord and yellow wrasse will out compete the mandrin for food?

Anyone else have an opinion on which group to get?

Keiths_Reefs
11/03/2005, 01:41 PM
If you go with #1 I'd get the fuge up and running for a few months, confim you have pods all over and then do it.

I personally like option #2. Tail spot blennies are substantially easier to keep and are a really cool little fish.

Also, can anyone confirm or refute this?: I was told Mandrins typically hide out in the darkness of the live rock most of the time the lights are on and prefer only to come out at night.

mark97r6
11/03/2005, 03:13 PM
You should be fine with all of the above in a 3yo tank. Though you dont say how much rock you have!! This could be an issue regarding the pod population.

Wouldnt hae thought the wrasse's would outcompete the mandarin for the pods if they are well fed! This said though, i would add the mandarin before these 2 fish once the fuge is running, just to let it settle in and fatten up.

I have a pair of mandarins in a very 'busy' tank and they come out all day pecking at the rocks! Very care free about other fish, though individuals may differ as these are the only ones i have had.

Just a thought, but if it is possibly, make the fuge an above tank one and the pod population should improve by a long way!!

HTH
Mark