PDA

View Full Version : Air Bubbles

ChrisMan123
11/02/2005, 06:14 PM
in my 10g tank there has been air bubbles forming on the rock and stuff, the only new thing to the tank i added recently was a 96watt 50/50 quad power compact fixture made by Coralife... I got a little bit of a brown sort of algae but not alot... and I think that will take care of itself and is just adjusting to the new lighting... but the air bubbles forming is kind of weird... anyone know anything? any info on the slight brown algae or the air bubbles let me know

(my PH level is a little high, 1.028 so maybe that has something to do with it? and also maybe I need to clean out the bucket i do water changes with...?)

szwab
11/02/2005, 07:14 PM
sounds like you are starting to get a cyano break out.increase your flow and check your water conditions

(my PH level is a little high, 1.028 so maybe that has something to do with it? and also maybe I need to clean out the bucket i do water changes with...?)

do you mean specific gravity? ph should be much higher aound 8.1-8.3

ChrisMan123
11/02/2005, 07:19 PM
yeah thats what I meant, wrong thing sorry

1.028 specific gravity

szwab
11/02/2005, 07:33 PM
that is a bit high but wouldn't cause your situation. More likely lack of flow and/or disolved organics. try doing a water change and siphon as much of the stuff out as you can. it can be diffcult to get rid of just keep at it.

best of luck!