PDA

View Full Version : looking to buy so me start up sand..or donation...new to LI

godlyme
11/01/2005, 11:07 PM
hello everyone...new to long island..havent set up my big tank yet...so ive decided while im waiting to start a small 12g nano i have.. if anyone has some live sand i could snag to help start my system it would be greatly appreciated.. i will pay if necessary.. also would be interested in any unwanted crabs/snails rubble rock or anything u think may be of interest for a simple nano. even some algae? or bugs... let me know i live in smithtown and am not too familiar with the areas... thanks everyone...even for advice on where to get some goodies... mike

LCGoldman
11/01/2005, 11:12 PM
Welcome to Long Island!!

Put on your calendar the Long Island Reef Association meeting on the third saturday of this month (November 19th in Bayshore). Check the website: http://www.lireef.org Guest speaker this month is Sanjay Joshi :)

godlyme
11/01/2005, 11:14 PM
how do u get to bayshore...and what time is it held thanx =) for the info

LCGoldman
11/01/2005, 11:17 PM
The address, and I believe directions are on the website. The meetings start at 3:00pm.

And, knowing the generousity of our club's members, when a few more people read your threads I would be shocked if less than half a dozen people offered you what you're looking for to help you get set up again.

onegreenray
11/01/2005, 11:41 PM
to bad you didn't post this a few days earlier. i just got rid of about 200lbs of live sand and threw out yesterday a ton of live rock rubble when i went bare bottom and cleaned out the sump.

i am also in smithtown.

godlyme
11/02/2005, 09:24 PM
anyone? thanx

onegreenray
11/03/2005, 07:09 PM
pm sent

trndyAlex
11/05/2005, 12:50 AM
i have about 40lbs of southdown to share... am in Brooklyn